Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Recommendation for ResMed’s latest AirFit masks having hose port at top of head
Thumbsup 
Recommendation for ResMed’s latest AirFit masks having hose port at top of head
Big Grin This is a happy update to my prior post titled “Need a non-welt producing Full Face mask”

Kudos to the “Large Male” member known by the sobriquet “Big Guy” [Image: thanks.gif]who suggested I take a closer look at ResMed masks. I had foolishly written off their latest copy-cat appearing versions of Dreamware’s nasal and FF masks because as viewed in pictures they appeared to be identical. What I didn’t see was the ResMed nose pillow had a contoured shape whereas the Dreamwear pillows are shaped for users that chase parked cars. Yup, Dreamwear pillows are for people having square heads and/or flat faces. Mine tended to easily leak with any amount of movement. So I had to overtighten the restraints.

like I love the ResMed AirFit F30i Full Face. Molds to my nose in an air tight manner.  First night AHI was 0.6, my best score to-date. It hasn’t leaked once nor has it required me to overly tighten the mask restraints. And for some unknown reason I don’t have to tape my mouth shut.[Image: dont-know.gif] May take me awhile to figure that out. 

Bottom line: I highly recommend the F30i. Unlike previous F30’s, the F30i has the hose connection on top of the head which is a major improvement in comfort and leak prevention.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Recommendation for ResMed’s latest AirFit masks having hose port at top of head
Good to know that it's working well for you. 

I rarely get a compliment, and when I do, I like to shout out to the world, "Hey......I got a compliment"!!  Big Grin
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Recommendation for ResMed’s latest AirFit masks having hose port at top of head
I tried that mask, but my nose is too small, and I find it is more noisy than my Air Touch F20.

It’s too bad because it was otherwise comfortable and I hate dragging my hose all night. Lol

Glad it works for ya!
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-05-2020, 01:12 PM)Sabina Wrote: I tried that mask, but my nose is too small, and I find it is more noisy than my Air Touch F20.

It’s too bad because it was otherwise comfortable and I hate dragging my hose all night. Lol

Glad it works for ya!

Apology-2 Sorry, you have an undersized nose. Were you at the end of the line?  Big Grin Lots of people prefer big noses because air's free.  Oh-jeez I really prefer a nasal mask but all have failed because I move too much, especially when I'm dreaming - I have some very vivid and entertaining dreams, to say the least. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Don't hurt your shoulders Big Guy patting self on back. Remember your bike trip.

Bigwink
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I got a compliment once...

good times!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 46 2,969 21 minutes ago
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  [Pressure] Request Recommendation for a Dial Manometer Samwrites 4 118 03-24-2024, 09:59 AM
Last Post: Sleepster
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,557 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,964 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,603 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  Custom-Fitted Masks? TonyBoBony 5 344 03-01-2024, 10:30 PM
Last Post: TonyBoBony
Question Hose volume Willw 4 235 02-26-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Willw

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.