Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New RESMED F20 cushion with foam - cleaning issue
New RESMED F20 cushion with foam - cleaning issue
Hi, I'm new here. I have been using a bipap since 2013. Recently RESMED changed the cushion on the F20 mask, it now has a foam front on the it. States to only clean with wipes. I have tried two different companies wipes and I am allergic. Does anyone have any advice on how to clean this cushion? Should I stock pile older versions? You cant get it wet or it distorts. Thinking this change of cushion is bad as I am a drooler also and have issues with rainout on occasion. Any tips or suggestions are welcome. Hate the thought that I cant clean the cushion thoroughly with water.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New RESMED F20 cushion with foam - cleaning issue
I have that AirTouch cushion as well. I couldn't get leaks controlled with it, so I've not used mine much. I'm not sure what other cleaning methods exist for these beyond the wipes. The silicone version of the cushion called AirFit still exists unless you've avoided it for allergy reasons.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-25-2019, 10:52 AM)Lhart Wrote: I have tried two different companies wipes and I am allergic. Does anyone have any advice on how to clean this cushion?

Just checkin'...

Are you using baby wipes? Or special "CPAP" wipes?

I use regular baby wipes. No alcohol or fragrance. I used to buy name brand baby wipes, but not just get the cheap ones.
It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you get there.
Post Reply Post Reply
There are two different F20 masks - the AirFit has a silicone seal and the AirTouch has memory foam. I have not heard anything about the silicone version being discontinued, so although I prefer thememory foam version, you should have no problem getting the silicone cushion if that’s what works best for you.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks to everyone that has answered. I am currently trying a non-alcohol baby wipe will see how it does. Otherwise will go back to the other version of cushion, it worked great! thanks again.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-26-2019, 09:08 AM)WhyMe Wrote: There are two different F20 masks - the AirFit has a silicone seal and the AirTouch has memory foam.  I have not heard anything about the silicone version being discontinued, so although I prefer thememory foam version, you should have no problem getting the silicone cushion if that’s what works best for you.

My DME supplier just sent me a complete F20 AirFit mask assembly and two spare cushions. They said nothing about the AirFit F20 being discontinued.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Weird O2ring issue cps22 0 31 5 hours ago
Last Post: cps22
  Help Interpreting Charts to ID Potential Palatal Prolapse - Deep Sleep Issue reedro287 5 102 03-26-2024, 08:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,619 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
  CPAP compressed air path design, foam, filtration & maintenance MaNoise 10 227 03-25-2024, 11:07 AM
Last Post: MaNoise
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 6 1,411 03-25-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  CPAP toppled over/water issue Visitor 7 7,375 03-17-2024, 10:39 PM
Last Post: Willow85
  Airsense 10 / Oscar clock issue. pixpop 1 104 03-15-2024, 07:35 PM
Last Post: pixpop

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.