Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Recommended compatible sd cards & sd card reader for Resmed AirSense 10 AutoSet
RE: Recommended compatible sd cards & sd card reader for Resmed AirSense 10 AutoSet
LOL, Crimson. But seriously, this board has been sooo helpful just the last few days, and so is deserving of a donation or two. Smile

I ask about a wireless fee because my sleep disorder center/dr requires a $30 annual fee for THEM (only) to have wireless access. I didn't do that, and I'm so glad I didn't.

So, it seems that if I set up wireless access/transmission for myself there is no monthly or annual fee? And also it seems that the $30 annual fee my dr's office requires is just for their own expenses/whatevers?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Recommended compatible sd cards & sd card reader for Resmed AirSense 10 AutoSet
Assuming that you have a wireless laptop or printer, you don't pay any fees to connect to your home network now.  It is the same with a FlashAir card.  It is nothing more than a data storage device that has wireless network connection capabilities.  

You are the first that I've heard of that is being charged a fee for their convenience.  If it was me, I would decline this "offer".  Using #SleepyHead (free) along with this data transfer capabilities of this wireless setup, provides you with very detailed sleep information. Anyway, you can apply the $30 towards the FlashAir.

It's your call.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
When I purchased an Autoset 10 machine direct from resmed they wanted £30 per year to connect up the modem to MyAir I declined the offer and use sleepyhead
Post Reply Post Reply
why would anyone pay that? isn't easy access to the data more beneficial to the mfgr, dme and doctor than the end user? I hear there's a lot of $ in mining medical equipment data these days. it's not like myair is worth a dime to most of us.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Everyone:
I'm using a 256MB SD card to transfer data from my ResMed AirCurve10 to my PC.  I'm aware the 256MB storage space is smaller than a couple of 16GB SD cards I have sitting in my desk drawer.  My plan was to empty the 256MB card when it became close to full, then continue downloading new daily data.  How many events (days) would you estimate a 256MB card could hold before I need to empty it? Is there a maximum number of events I can transfer into SleepyHead at one time?
Thanks in advance.
Post Reply Post Reply
don't know the answer to your question. however, note that keeping as much data as possible on the card is useful in case the data files on your computer are corrupted or deleted (as happened to me unexpectedly during a windows update). not sure but I think up to just one year is kept on the card, regardless of sd card size, which is better than nothing if you happen to lose data on your pc (maybe someone can confirm or correct this one year limit). if, unlike me, you regularly backup your data, maybe this won't ever be an issue.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-25-2018, 07:46 PM)sheepless Wrote: don't know the answer to your question.  however, note that keeping as much data as possible on the card is useful in case the data files on your computer are corrupted or deleted (as happened to me unexpectedly during a windows update).  not sure but I think up to just one year is kept on the card, regardless of sd card size, which is better than nothing if you happen to lose data on your pc (maybe someone can confirm or correct this one year limit).  if, unlike me, you regularly backup your data, maybe this won't ever be an issue.

Good point about using the SD card as a back up storage location.
Post Reply Post Reply
I AirSense Autoset came with a 2 GB card, which lasted about a year and a half before I decided to replace it. That's about 500 days, so your 256 MB card should be good for about two months or a bit more.
The AirSense machines (mine at least) does not erase data on the card. After I quit using it, I created a new profile and loaded the entire year and a half of data into it. Comparing with the original profile showed that no data was lost.
Also I would not trust an SD card as a backup for anything.
Post Reply Post Reply
good point, not to be relied on but it does afford another option in case of catastrophe. I was thinking but didn't say that a larger capacity card doesn't cost very much (2gb about $10 - $20 on amazon) so it might be worth that much to avoid the hassle of deleting the contents more often and potentially bail out knuckleheads like me that don't back up.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 19 357 1 hour ago
Last Post: Pawpri
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 69 25,719 Yesterday, 05:18 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 106 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 837 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 2 167 03-21-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: jed3
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 613 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,599 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.