Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] RemZZZ
RemZZZ
Has anybody tried these? Sorry if there were previous posts- could not find it in the search. I tried them last night and they pretty much eliminated any leaks. Wish I had heard of them before.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: RemZZZ
(08-07-2012, 11:43 AM)Esweter Wrote: Has anybody tried these? Sorry if there were previous posts- could not find it in the search. I tried them last night and they pretty much eliminated any leaks. Wish I had heard of them before.
Hello Esweter and welcome to the forum
I've not tried them. Its a bit expensive for me and not washable but when stated I've made my own mask liners from an old cotton T-shirt
Post Reply Post Reply
I use them every night. I wash them with no issue. I soak my mask for about 15 minutes every morning in mild soap and water, soak the remzz in the same bath, give it its own squirt of soap and squish it a few times in my hands, then toss it it. I rinse it and then stretch it back into shape on a towel and leave it until dry. In AZ that takes a few hours only. There is mild curling at the edges only, sometimes. I have 2 that I have been using for over a month. (sometimes have to change it at night if i have a drool issue). In short, it hand washes fine for me.

In another post somewhere someone also mentions washing them and drying it on the sink faucet, that gave me idea to try it...
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-07-2012, 02:53 PM)zonk Wrote: I've not tried them. Its a bit expensive for me and not washable
RemZzzs recommend to use fresh liner each night

Can I wash and dry RemZzzs?
Attempting to wash or dry will shrink & curl RemZzzs, diminishing its absorption qualities and eliminating its effectiveness.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Esweter, First, WELCOME! to the forum.! I haven't tried those but I use pillows and if I'm not mistaken, they are used with mnasal masks.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I have tried them but only for one night. My mask shifts at night and I lift it to reposition. At that point I lose the RemZzz.
Mike
Post Reply Post Reply
I know they SAY you can't wash them. I haven't had a problem washing mine. It has been interestingthough. The texture of the material has changed a bit. At first, it seemed kinda smooth after the first few washes. Now, after a month, it just feels like tshirt material. It makes me wonder if they treat the material with something to make it curl a bit in water.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the replies. They have really made a big difference for me. I have been dealing with leaks for months now which have repeatedly awakened me (and my spouse) so I had to adjust the mask. This has stopped. I just wish I knew about them earlier. It is amazing how little help and advice I can get from medical supplier, sleep study center, etc. I have gotten the best advice from other friends with OSA or from this board. This is a really valuable resource.
Post Reply Post Reply
Smile 
Posted by Esweter - 08-07-2012 01:43 PM
Has anybody tried these?

Good Morning, Esweter!
My name is Becky. I work at Naturs Design, the makers of RemZzzs® CPAP Mask Liners. I am so glad that you are having success with RemZzzs®! I wanted to let you know that I can help you try to get them from your medical equipment provider. I can even get you a Complimentary 6 Day Sample if you need another one to get you by until we can get an answer from your provider.

In answer to a couple of other questions:

Posted by zonk - 08-07-2012 08:34 PM
I've not tried them. Its a bit expensive for me and not washable
RemZzzs recommend to use fresh liner each night

You are correct, we do recommend one-time usage for sanitary and hygienic purposes. However, I just wanted to let you know that we do have HCPCS codes, so RemZzzs® CPAP Mask Liners are now billable to Medicare and many private insurances.

SuperSleeper Wrote:EDITED BY ADMIN (4-9-13): This note is an update from Becky on the Medicare billing codes:

Becky at RemZzzs Wrote:"RemZzzs CPAP mask liners were awarded the Medicare billing codes A7031/A7032 on 7/8/10, and have been successfully billed by thousands of customers since. We have recently, however, received communications from Medicare contractors indicating a reconsideration of our Medicare billing codes to “A9270”, a non-covered item. We are frankly quite puzzled as to the nature of this decision. We are submitting reconsideration paperwork to the Medicare contractors detailing our overwhelming success over the past four years helping PAP users continue therapy, and we will keep you updated as we learn more. Please feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns."

Posted by trish6hundred - 08-07-2012 09:16 PM
I haven't tried those but I use pillows and if I'm not mistaken, they are used with mnasal masks.

We also have liners for full face and FitLife masks and for the mouth portion of the Liberty mask. :O)

Posted by Itsadryheat - 08-07-2012 10:54 PM
It makes me wonder if they treat the material with something to make it curl a bit in water.

RemZzzs® are made from 100% natural cotton. Because the cotton is not pre-shrunk, when the liner is washed it tends to curl as it dries.

Ok, so... I hope that this has been helpful and not preachy! :O) Please feel free to private message me, email me or call me with any further questions. I am here to help!

Becky Bennett

Moderator: I removed your contact information in order to maintain a non-commercial thread. While we appreciate your input, we do not allow public listing of commercial websites. Your info did not include a website but I removed it anyway to, like I said, maintain a non-commercial thread. You gave permission for folks to PM you for more information and that will have to suffice. The admin of this site is distracted at the moment. As soon as he can, he will most likely send you a PM about our policies concerning DMEs as members. Thank you for understanding.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-14-2012, 11:04 AM)Becky at RemZzzs Wrote: However, I just wanted to let you know that we do have HCPCS codes, so RemZzzs® CPAP Mask Liners are now billable to Medicare and many private insurances.
Neither Medicare nor my private insurance would reimburse me for the mask liners or for anything else for that matter

Welcome Becky

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Remzzz liners and FFM PaulaO2 24 7,874 03-11-2016, 05:51 PM
Last Post: Zeeez

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.