Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Remed P10 Headgear Mod
Remed P10 Headgear Mod
Hi AB folks - I really appreciate the help I've received reading everyone contributions and assistance over the years, and in an effort to give back, I wanted to share something I've created to help stabilize the P10 headgear.

My issue was, as designed, the straps are supposed to be separated to achieve the degree of sizing for each head size. Well, we all know the straps are rather flimsy, and they stretch over time, and when you have short hair, the separation between the two straps are constantly changing through the night.  While I love the mask, I'm just kind of shocked that Resmed has never worked to develop a new, more robustly designed headgear.

So, in an effort to maintain the distance between the two straps, and crate kind of a cradle of sorts for stability, early on I used some velcro strips. That worked pretty well but, some times the velcro let loose, or they can get caught to some of the sheet materials, etc, which would wake me.

My next stab was to develop some prototypes in Fusion360 for some 3D printed supports. I'm now on Version 3, and they are working great. So, as stated earlier, I wanted to share this.  I have designed 13 different sizes from 40mm to 100mm in 5 mm increments to separate the two straps, so you can use the size that fits you the best.  Here's a photo so you can see what I'm talking about.

The material is only 1.5mm thick, so it bends easily, and contours nicely to the scalp, bit still, is firm and will not slide along the strap. You cannot feel them at all and they are very comfortable as well.

Also, for stretching, we've all seen those Resmed clips, that in their videos show you to use on those two straps, which is uncomfortable as hell. I have found that when my HG starts to stretch, these clips work much better, and are more comfortable installing them on the wider section near the sides. There is a 3D designed alternative out there that might be a bit larger that I've been using for years.  Once the strap starts getting a little loose, I tighten them a bit, and I'm good for a few more week.  I'll try to track that down. With both, I'm getting around a year out of the straps, and my leakage has dropped significantly. I'm happy.

I will get the mesh versions completed and provide links so folks can print these yourselves for free.  If you don't know anyone with 3D printer, I will also upload to Thingiverse that does have a print and mail option as well. Cheers

PS - Mods on edit, if this post violates any rules, please let me know, and feel free to delete. Thx!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Remed P10 Headgear Mod
(12-11-2019, 12:06 PM)mrmagloo Wrote: I will get the mesh versions completed and provide links so folks can print these yourselves for free.  If you don't know anyone with 3D printer, I will also upload to Thingiverse that does have a print and mail option as well. 

Awesome!

Would help, also, for people using the new N30.
Post Reply Post Reply
Perhaps it might. However, I only have a P10 so that's all I have to work with. But, if the straps are the same, they very well might work there as well.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for sharing your creation info. I'm sure it'll help some P10 users. Kudos.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
As a follow up, here is a corrected photo of the latest version with the wider body I consider V3:

On Edit - Darn, the forum will not accept the STL files and keep rejecting. Here is the link to Thingiverse:  https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4040324

The sizing clip I used can be found here:  https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2406515

Please let me know if anyone has any questions. Enjoy
Post Reply Post Reply
This is really helpful.

I think that DME's staff should have to use cpap and wear a mask for 8 hours straight. I don't understand why manufacturer's produce such ---- . It's so hard to find a mask that works, is comfortable, is quiet, and lasts.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
Give it a whirl. I've got a number of emails from folks who have tried these supports, and they have helped. Along with the Strap clips to adjust the tension when the headgear starts to stretch, it really helps with maximizing the life and stability. Glad its helping!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Headgear for very large heads NogginOff 1 36 3 hours ago
Last Post: Phaleronic
  ReMed Airsense software/firmware Ralph436 22 1,126 01-23-2024, 11:55 AM
Last Post: george1945
  [Equipment] Brevida mask with Evora headgear BeauPetitNez 8 1,660 01-13-2024, 10:11 AM
Last Post: BeauPetitNez
Question [Equipment] Is the headgear on AirFit N20 the same as AirFit F20? James87 4 441 01-12-2024, 12:25 PM
Last Post: labrat
  P10 Headgear paulag1955 2 356 12-14-2023, 07:29 PM
Last Post: paulag1955
  F&P Solo Headgear Columbiabill 1 476 12-09-2023, 01:25 PM
Last Post: yankees123
  [Equipment] Resmed N30i/P30i headgear sleeve issues Himrent 1 423 11-23-2023, 02:22 PM
Last Post: Dog Slobber

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.