Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Remstar M Series Bipap wet motoe problem
Remstar M Series Bipap wet motoe problem
I zoned-out and packed my bipap into the bag when leaving the hotel still full of water and it tipped over in the car. The Remstar M series stayed like that overnight until I unpacked the car. I allowed it to dry several days in the sun. The result is the machine came back on after drying out but the motor is very noisy. Can the motor be oiled (what type of oil) or repaired/replaced? Or is the machine toast?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Remstar M Series Bipap wet motoe problem
Sorry to tell you that you should look for a replacement machine soon cause your M is going to die soon. There is no oiling the motor the way that it is designed.
Post Reply Post Reply
CPAP machines have come a long way since the M series. Getting a replacement, even if it's not the latest model, would be a big improvement.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the insights. That is kinda what I expected. I''l trash the machine and go with my spare until I decide on a new model.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi long2putt,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck to you as you continue your CPAP therapy, and your machine decision.
Hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,563 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 251 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 373 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  [CPAP] ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Off Problem Buddie43 19 26,328 03-05-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Ailyhsaun
  Are these flow limits my problem? k888 87 5,466 02-26-2024, 12:02 PM
Last Post: k888
  [Treatment] Are leaks the problem or do I need BIPAP? TiredDude 3 331 02-22-2024, 07:52 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Is my leak rate a problem? Kevstuf 5 550 02-08-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Kevstuf

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.