Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Remstar Plus will not always start
Remstar Plus will not always start
We have this Remstar plus that does not always start. I think the circuit board where the switch is, is dirty. You have to keep hitting the button or hold the button down to make it start or stop.

I know how to take things apart. Can we buy parts for this sucker if need be?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Remstar Plus will not always start
(04-03-2015, 10:38 AM)bigjim5551212 Wrote: We have this Remstar plus that does not always start. I think the circuit board where the switch is, is dirty. You have to keep hitting the button or hold the button down to make it start or stop.

I know how to take things apart. Can we buy parts for this sucker if need be?

You can't buy parts. Sorry. They won't sell them.

You can also turn on auto-start. I believe you have that option. It should start when you start breathing.

Post Reply Post Reply
I don't believe you can get replacement parts. How old is the machine? It might be time for an upgrade.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome.

Look here and figure out which machine you have.

If you take it apart, you can try cleaning the back of the pushbutton. If it's one of those rubber on circuit board type things, you might clean it, and I seem to recall someone found some sort of generic repair kit for such kinds of buttons.

The REMstar plus machines are sort of bottom of the line machines. You might start looking at getting a new one. There are some guidelines in the Useful Links at the bottom of this post. Either work with your doctor/insurance, or start looking at Craigslist ads.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi bigjim5551212,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
The makers of these machines fix it so you'll have to get a new one from time to time, I don't think they sell parts to fix them. Edit: If you have had your machine for at least 5 years, it probably wouldn't be a bad idea to get a new one though, to get improved technology, end edit.
Hang in there for more suggestions and answers to your question and much success to you with your CPAP therapy and getting your machine to work.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 367 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  CPAP journey start - please help (thread) Negligee1136 48 4,274 01-29-2024, 03:54 AM
Last Post: zaienk
  Remstar -> DS 1(new foam) mw1655 0 251 11-29-2023, 05:54 AM
Last Post: mw1655
  Need to start CPAP and feeling overwhelmed shipofools999 11 1,183 10-06-2023, 07:10 AM
Last Post: Fabby
  DreamStation Auto Initial Start-up WilliamZ 3 503 09-11-2023, 11:23 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  Should I start CPAP? brianstermat09 3 513 08-24-2023, 04:00 AM
Last Post: Ockrocket
  [CPAP] Hoping to find a fix for my CPAP's decision to start blasting me while inhaling. Speusippus 1 456 08-14-2023, 07:41 AM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.