Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Remstar plus m series not working right
Gross 
Remstar plus m series not working right
Hello, I have a remstar plus m series that I have had for some time. It quit working properly last night. I have to have a new sleep study done before the servicer can help me. I've tried finding a replacement for the time being with no luck so I'm hoping someone can help me diagnose the problem. When I plug the machine in, it boots up, beeps once then I can turn it on. The pressure doesn't feel right though, it feels like I am fighting to exhale. After about a minute, it beeps 8 times then shuts off. If I quickly hit the power button, it will come back on and the same thing keeps happening. If I do not turn it back on, the lights start blinking and I get a constant fast two beeps. I have tried unplugging it both from the back of the machine and the outlet. Any help would be much appreciated, I can't take another night of no sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Remstar plus m series not working right
Hi carlamarieification,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
When you turn your machine on, are you getting a message on the screen that says "Service Error,"with an error code?
Hang in there for more ideas.
Much success to you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-28-2015, 02:52 PM)trish6hundred Wrote: Hi carlamarieification,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
When you turn your machine on, are you getting a message on the screen that says "Service Error,"with an error code?
Hang in there for more ideas.
Much success to you.

No, there is no error code, but when the fast beeps start the screen says service required.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-28-2015, 11:40 AM)carlamarieification Wrote: Hello, I have a remstar plus m series that I have had for some time. It quit working properly last night. I have to have a new sleep study done before the servicer can help me.

If you ever had a prescription, any number of online equipment providers (click the "Supplier List" link at the top of the page) would be happy to sell you a nice new machine for probably about the same as your current provider would charge to fix yours.

Also, your provider is screwing with you and most likely trying to sell you a sleep study.

Although my opinion doesn't really matter, their refusal to service your equipment without a new sleep study borders on extortion and negligence (or malpractice if it was an RT, NP or MD that told you this)
Post Reply Post Reply
FWIW - I have a Remstar M Series and when it died several years ago the DME (Lincare) said Resprironics would no longer repair them.
Post Reply Post Reply
Grin 
I called Lincare back today to speak to a therapist and she immediately said come in and I will get you a loaner asap. Needless to say I took a long nap today. Thanks everyone for the replies.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Machine and settings not working snapperzz 3 96 03-26-2024, 02:10 AM
Last Post: snapperzz
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 384 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  25 years of cpap, and still not working good Johan van der veen 2 183 03-08-2024, 10:15 AM
Last Post: Johan van der veen
Question SD Formatting and OSCAR not working smallhandsfeeding 2 199 02-02-2024, 03:24 PM
Last Post: smallhandsfeeding
  [Equipment] 12 months of therapy. Tried several masks/nothing working Tiredkiwi 5 493 12-30-2023, 11:15 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Remstar -> DS 1(new foam) mw1655 0 253 11-29-2023, 05:54 AM
Last Post: mw1655
  [Treatment] new to this - is it working? human 7 575 11-04-2023, 11:45 AM
Last Post: human

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.