Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Renew Sleep Solutions
Question 
Renew Sleep Solutions
What's up everyone,

Just thought I might post a thread about a treatment called COAT (Continuous Open Airway Treatment). It involves putting on this oral appliance called the SomnoDent that is custom fitted for your mouth and is sold by Renew Sleep Solutions. It's an exclusive product, so if you find that somebody else claims to be selling this product then you probably shouldn't buy it. Renew Sleep Solutions claims that 91% of patients reported improvement in sleep quality and 88% regularly use it. 

Renew Sleep Solutions is located nationwide, they're located near where I live so I intend to go there and find out more about this treatment. I happen to think that the CPAP machine is a terrible invention and am open to new ideas about combating sleep apnea. Before I actually go to their facility I'm going to talk about it with my dentist and sleep doctor and see what their inquiries would be. 

Does anybody on this forum know anything about this treatment or has anybody ever tried it out before? If so, please post as much information on this thread as possible. I'm very surprised that nobody has made a thread about this yet until now.

Here is their website: [Link Removed]

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed

To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites.  This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.

-----
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Renew Sleep Solutions
Nothing new there. Mouth pieces have been tried before. It may help some but how are you going to measure the results?
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
It has been discussed before...here are a few of the threads that come up. The discussion has never gotten much traction.
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...-SomnoDent
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...mnoDent-G2
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...-somnodent
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...ices-MAD-s
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...Thru-Night
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...ons-Mexico
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...-Appliance
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Mouth pieces have been around a long time with mixed results. It depends on a lot of factors as to their success.

They do not treat Central Apnea nor Mixed Apnea.
There is no way to determine if it is working except via an oximeter. This may not work for some people as their blood O2 does not significantly drop with each event.
There have been some discussion of jaw damage due to lower jaw placement.
Unless the majority of the reason for the Obstructive Apnea is the person's tongue, these things really don't work.

If you hate CPAP that much, let us know why and perhaps we can help you with it. Have you tried it?

CPAP machines are a treatment used during sleep. You don't lug it around with you all day. You don't have to take special care of it except cleaning the mask and hose. After the adjustment period, it is a piece of pie.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Bluedude81,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I know CPAP therapy can take some getting used to. What are the problems you have had with the CPAP machine?
Let us know so we can help you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Just FYI, SomnoDent is an independent company and not specific to Renew.  My friend manages the lab in Manila.  For Mandibular Advancement Devices, it is one of the best if not the best.  All that said, I went with CPAP.  Be sure to ask about permanent changes to your bite and ability to chew normally.
Post Reply Post Reply
The choice for me was easy: CPAP versus possible TMJ. Data vs no data. Chewing normally versus changed bite. They sell you on the misconception that CPAP involves lugging a machine around all the time. It does not. Todays machines are quiet, small, and have many comfort settings. While it would be nice not to have OSA at all that is not our reality.

Am curious as well as to why CPAP is a horrible invention? In fact, it does exactly what it is suppose to do. It splints the airway open with air pressure. As we learned today in another thread UPPP surgery is no panacea either. That poster is back to CPAP. I recommend you get a CPAP, strap it on and let us go to work helping you. Welcome to the forum my friend.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
I've actually had my CPAP machine or years now. It sucks... Sure, you can say that the CPAP machine works really well when you're not dealing with all the dozens of issues that other people and I keep bringing up on a daily basis. I could also say my PS3 works great when it's not freezing all the time. Thing is, there is no such thing as a "successful CPAP story" which is why I've never posted on the CPAP success story thread.  There is no adjustment period because there is no getting used to it. The human body simply hasn't evolved in the way that helps you "get used to" having air getting pumped through your throat or having a mask strapped on your face like a face huger from the alien movies the entire night. The CPAP machine is a horrible invention because that's exactly what it is.
Post Reply Post Reply
That's going to be a tough sell here. Good luck!
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
If your CPAP machine sucks, you might have it on backwards.  They usually blow.   Too-funny

Seriously though, there are lots of CPAP success stories.  I look forward to putting on my mask and getting a good sleep each night.  I notice my pillow more than the mask.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Angry AirTouch N20 - digs into cheek - any solutions? Lilaq88 2 609 03-26-2024, 03:16 PM
Last Post: Valtor
  [Treatment] Clear airway / central apnea events -- causes and solutions? mitzvahtime 6 2,398 03-25-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 161 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 206 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Inconsistent Sleep Patterns and Confusing Sleep Studies - Please Review mperry99 17 1,361 10-14-2023, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mperry99
  Creative solutions if you don't have a night stand? rpierce 6 631 08-28-2023, 06:51 AM
Last Post: dataq1
  [Diagnosis] Sleep deprivation vs sleep apnea - my therapy thread JRNfromAZ 2 807 08-01-2023, 02:43 PM
Last Post: JRNfromAZ

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.