Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Repairing AirSense 10 screen
Repairing AirSense 10 screen
tldr: looking to replace broken AirSense 10 screen.

I have a ResMed AirSense 10. About a year ago, it fell off the nightstand, and the screen smashed. Since then, I've been using it daily, but without any access to the settings. The humidifier heating element is stuck on, even though I don't want it on and I never put water in the reservoir. Until installing an SD card and the ResScan software today, I didn't even know what the pressure setting was (and I'm still not entirely sure I trust what it's reporting; ResScan is not great).

I'd like to fix the screen. Does anyone here have detailed AirSense hardware knowledge? Or know where I can find it?

I disassembled the entire CPAP, but the LCD display module has no markings or identifiers at all. I'd hoped to find a component number to order a replacement, but there's nothing at all. It's just a stripped-down LCD display and a ribbon cable attached to the main board. If I could order a replacement, I'm moderately confident that I could fix it myself. I can't find enough information to even search for a replacement part. I might try contacting ResMed for help, but I don't expect to get any.

I'm willing to pay someone else to fix it if I absolutely have to, but it looks like that might cost $400-500. For that price, I'd be more inclined to simply replace the entire machine. It's only about three years old, so I don't think insurance would cover a replacement. My insurance is awful with an enormous deductible, so I'd end up paying the full price out of pocket either way. I really don't want to spend $400-800 when all it really needs is a $10 component.

The biggest reason I haven't had it repaired yet is that I don't know what to do while it's being fixed. Even in a best-case scenario, I'd expect repairs to take over a week, and I can easily imagine it taking multiple weeks. I simply can't survive without it for that long. I might not literally die if I have to go a week without it, but I wouldn't be able to sleep at all. I might buy a travel CPAP to use while waiting for repairs, but now we're talking about even more cost. I just want to fix the thing cheaply.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 621 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Need Input on AirSense 10 vs AirSense 11 b4 Ordering New CPAP mdmarmd 13 2,184 01-14-2024, 04:11 PM
Last Post: scowell
  DreamStation 2 ramps down as soon as touch screen is touched bcodemz 3 472 10-23-2023, 04:15 PM
Last Post: StratCat48
  Airsense 11 how do you turn off this bloody touch screen tierdal 12 3,301 07-22-2023, 04:41 PM
Last Post: silverdr
  [Equipment] Screen Light - how to turn off Hopingforachange 4 2,106 04-04-2023, 01:50 AM
Last Post: zellem
  [Equipment] Need help choosing between Airsense 10 C2C or regular Airsense 10/11 dabrat76 10 1,631 03-16-2023, 08:20 AM
Last Post: dabrat76
  Airsense 11: SmartStart is Off, but Airsense keeps turning on by itself kklein 4 3,493 03-09-2023, 08:34 PM
Last Post: kklein

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.