Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Repairing the stretched-out end of a CPAP hose- how do you do it?
Repairing the stretched-out end of a CPAP hose- how do you do it?
So, after about a year the rubber end of my ResMed ClimateLineAir hose has become stretched-out and loose to the point where my CPAP mask keeps slipping out of the hose. 

Obviously I can just replace it with a new hose, but if I wanted to repair it what would be the best way to do it? 

What kind of tape should I use and where should I apply the tape to make the grip tight again so it will hold the mask in the hose? Thanks.

-Paul.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Repairing the stretched-out end of a CPAP hose- how do you do it?
Duct tape.  It's always the go to fix.  Big Grin
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
I'm not sure duct tape will work for long. It may compress the end for a while, but it won't get tighter. I think a doubled up rubber band would be hte quickest cheap fix.

My first thought was a stainless steel hose clamp, but you don't really want that within reach of your face.  Thinking-about
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just look through the selection of O-rings at any plumbing or hardware store, and pick a couple that will tighen the connection. Standard tube connectors are are close to 22 mm inside diameter (7/8-inches), so the O-ring will be larger (1-INCH?) if fitting over the outside of the tube connector. Take your tube along and try to fit them over the end. As long as they tighten the connection it should work fine. You can roll them on or off the connector.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use a rubber band.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you have an inner tube for a skinny racing bicycle tire.....
Post Reply Post Reply
I've used Gorilla Tape in an emergency before and yeah, it starts to leak after a few days.

I like the rubber band or o-ring ideas. O-rings would last longer and be easier to take on and off.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
zip tie
Post Reply Post Reply
+1 for zip tie
Post Reply Post Reply
Since it hasn't been mentioned, the best solution is to buy a new Resmed Climateline tube from Amazon for $31.50. These things are not expensive, and it's worth buying new. The normal replacement under insurance is 6-months, so this tube doesn't owe you anything, and can be kept for a backup.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Hose volume Willw 4 236 02-26-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Willw
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 232 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111
  How often to replace mask, hose, etc. bigla6940 6 582 12-30-2023, 07:00 AM
Last Post: bigla6940
  Do I have to "clean" my heated CPAP hose? Labromaniac 13 1,289 12-28-2023, 04:23 PM
Last Post: Palmtrees
  Oxygen into CPAP hose when at high altitude Lfmichel 4 543 12-20-2023, 09:39 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Equipment] Airsense 11 Heated Hose MJLeveille 3 643 12-12-2023, 05:18 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [CPAP] Top Hose vs. Bottom Hose Jose Castro 19 1,561 11-03-2023, 10:33 AM
Last Post: Jose Castro

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.