Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Repairing the stretched-out end of a CPAP hose- how do you do it?
RE: Repairing the stretched-out end of a CPAP hose- how do you do it?
A second vote on replace the tube. Also take a look at how you remove the mask for cleaning. I've noticed that a gentle wiggle back and forth while pulling out gently seems to keep it from stretching out better then just yanking it out.
Post Reply Post Reply
I twisted a rubber band around the stretched-out end of the hose a few times and that seemed to tighten it enough so that I could fit the Quick Disconnect piece into it snuggly again.

-Paul.
Post Reply Post Reply
Another + for the zip tie idea.
Post Reply Post Reply
I used the old rubber band trick on mine as a temporary fix. It was well over a year old and time to replace it anyway.....
Sleep is worth the effort.
Post Reply Post Reply
Wrap the “outside" of the rubber with 2 layers of 3M Tempflex Rubber tape. $2.68 at Lowes. It’s Called 3M-Temflex 2155 Rubber Splicing 22-ft. Normal use for it is taping wires. I use the tape for better Grip on Weapons. With a medium stretch on the tape. It will hold it on “tighter" than brand new and will allow easy on off removal. Better than wire ties, complete control of how snug you want it fit. Easy to take the hose off for cleaning. This works so well that you can make it "too tight" if you use more layers or wrap with too much tension on the tape. Many people add layers of tape to the inside plastic mask side but that just stretches the hose out more and makes removal problematic.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
I have used an automotive stainless hose clamp on my hose ends for several years with absolutely no injury or problem. . I simply tighten the clamp firmly but not tight enough to risk damaging the connection nipple.

TheDuke
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Hose volume Willw 4 236 02-26-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Willw
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 228 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111
  How often to replace mask, hose, etc. bigla6940 6 578 12-30-2023, 07:00 AM
Last Post: bigla6940
  Do I have to "clean" my heated CPAP hose? Labromaniac 13 1,289 12-28-2023, 04:23 PM
Last Post: Palmtrees
  Oxygen into CPAP hose when at high altitude Lfmichel 4 543 12-20-2023, 09:39 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Equipment] Airsense 11 Heated Hose MJLeveille 3 638 12-12-2023, 05:18 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [CPAP] Top Hose vs. Bottom Hose Jose Castro 19 1,554 11-03-2023, 10:33 AM
Last Post: Jose Castro

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.