Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Massive leakage with new P30i
Massive leakage with new P30i
Hello,

This is my first post on this forum. Hope to learn more about the best ways to tackle Sleep Apnea

I've been on CPAP for the past 45 days and started out with a Nasal mask that proved too irritating to wear. I switched to a P10 Nasal pillow which was loads better but still caused issues due to tube entanglement. For the past 2 days I've been using the P30i and good news is that my tossing and turning no longer cause a problem.

My immediate levels of energy in these past 2 days have been higher than the last 1.5 months with the two older masks. However, my leak rate has never been so high. I skipped the mouth tape the first night and thought it'd help but the second night the leak rate was even higher with the tape on.

I'm using the medium-sized pillows that come by default. I'm finally starting to feel better on this therapy and am hoping that I can bring down the leak rate so I can get the full benefit.

Thanks for listening to my problem!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Massive leakage with new P30i
How tight are you pulling the mask straps? I also have this mask and it seems to work best for me if it's actually not tight but rather loose on my nose - just like a hovercraft. This also helps with nostril irritation. Else it starts to hurt and wake me up. If your leak rate was higher with mouthtaping, this indicates that you have do adjust the tightness or positioning of the straps. Are you tossing and turning at night? Which position do you sleep in? Does the mask sometimes come of completely or stay on your head at all times?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Massive leakage with new P30i
As a new CPAP user, I'm currently struggling with mask leakage as well. I found a useful wiki page at Mask Primer that provides several solutions to eliminate mouth breathing and enable the use of a nasal mask. These solutions include using a chin strap, cervical collar or tape. You might want to give them a try. Additionally, a hose holder can help you manage your hose better. 

If you need help understanding the Leak Rate graph, you can refer to the wiki page at Leak_Rate_Graph.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dreamwear vs P30i Whacked 0 104 04-09-2024, 11:28 AM
Last Post: Whacked
  [CPAP] Can pressure wanting to go higher actually be due to leakage? richapple 1 155 03-15-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  15-minute periods of massive events (OSCAR pics included) nicholasb600 2 238 03-14-2024, 09:42 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Resmed P30i Nasal Pillow Fix cjtownsend1 1 324 02-25-2024, 10:02 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask Leak Question fuzz 2 538 01-25-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: fuzz
Question [Equipment] N30i / P30i pillow attachment fail glomph 2 371 01-09-2024, 09:10 PM
Last Post: glomph
  Need advice: switched from P10 mask to P30i rebean 3 521 12-30-2023, 12:28 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.