Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] ResMed A10 Autoset Screen Dimming
ResMed A10 Autoset Screen Dimming
Has anyone else experienced dimming of the display screen on the ResMed A10 Autoset? This occurs intermittently, most frequently at the end of therapy but has also occurred at the start. This is my second unit, as the first one was returned for this reason. My DME thinks that it is a glitch in the machine software / firmware and has reported it to her ResMed representative.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed A10 Autoset Screen Dimming
The A10 series has a light sensor that dims the backlight.

Maybe you have something like a clock that shines on the sensor, or something nearby reflects the light from the display back into the sensor.

I don't know where the sensor is located. Maybe one of you A10 owners can experiment with a flashlight or something.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for your reply.

There is a small window next to the screen that I thought might be a sensor and tried covering it, shining a light on it, etc. but it didn't affect the brightness at all.

I'll try the flashlight again the next time that it goes dim.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi vzzzboard,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more responses and best of luck to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-25-2014, 11:16 AM)zzzboard Wrote: Has anyone else experienced dimming of the display screen on the ResMed A10 Autoset? This occurs intermittently, most frequently at the end of therapy but has also occurred at the start. This is my second unit, as the first one was returned for this reason. My DME thinks that it is a glitch in the machine software / firmware and has reported it to her ResMed representative.
Let us know what ResMed representative find out
the A10 has ambient built-in light sensor, adjust the light on the screen based on the light of the room and does turn off automatically

I find it annoying and more annoying when using the heated hose on auto mode, temp is fixed at 27C, cannot be changed up or down (unlike the S9 heated hose on auto mode, you can adjust temp based on your preference, not ResMed preference)

Post Reply Post Reply
I've determined that the problem is pilot error.

Although I had previously referred to the User Guide, I glossed over the mention of the light sensor. The sensor is working as it should and causing the screen to dim when the ambient light is low.

I'm calling this one, "Case Closed".

Thanks for your replies.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-26-2014, 10:07 AM)zzzboard Wrote: I've determined that the problem is pilot error.

Although I had previously referred to the User Guide, I glossed over the mention of the light sensor. The sensor is working as it should and causing the screen to dim when the ambient light is low.

I'm calling this one, "Case Closed".

Thanks for your replies.
Hi zzzboard,
It's great to hear that you got to the bottom of the screen dimming problem.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes I have an A10. Covering the sensor will only drop the display brightness. Stops the poor user from having there eyeballs jump out of there head in the middle of the night if the display is at full brilliance. This is quite normal. I find that if the display is low just hold your mobile phone display facing the unit and hit the home button. Display will come on bright and stay that way till you start therapy or put it into sleep mode (Off)

Chip
Post Reply Post Reply

[attachment=36729][attachment=36729]
New to this board and new to ResMed AirSense11 so bear with me.  The Air sense 11 & 10 have an issue with the auto dim on the LED screen.  I have the CPAP by my bed on a shelf.  See photo
I found it difficult to adjust anything at night and even the day. Both CPAP’s have a dimmer for use at night that responds to ambient light. The brighter the light the brighter the LED screen. 
My solution was to buy a $1.00 led light, battery operated (@ Walmart), put Velcro on the back and stick it above my CPAP.  Keep in mind the ResMed CPAP has a 7 to 10 second delay in sensing the light and increasing the LED brightness.  As soon as the light is off so will the LED screen dim. See photo.
Hope this helps. MickeyMedic  507th AirEvac Ft Hood TX. “LIFESAVERS
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 52 1,364 11 hours ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  [Treatment] ResMed Autoset 11 Settings Optimization anker9000 0 129 04-02-2024, 11:34 AM
Last Post: anker9000
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 194 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  ResMed S9 AutoSet and OSCAR - Help Appreciated Slippy 12 586 03-16-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: Slippy
  ResMed Airsense 10 AutoSet and Oscar Bucktilley 4 272 03-05-2024, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Bucktilley
Grin [Equipment] JOY! I've been swapped to a ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet (from a SEFAM S.Box) dbcpap 9 1,301 02-12-2024, 08:41 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question Resmed Autoset 10 buzzing noise - what now? mogulman 8 640 01-16-2024, 11:42 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.