Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] ResMed A10 Power Converter
ResMed A10 Power Converter
Can anyone recommend a good power converter that will allow me to run my ResMed AirCurve 10 in my car?
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed A10 Power Converter
Look for this on Amazon. I use the same manufacturer with my a10 and 12 volt power supply.

KFD DC Adapter Car Charger for Resmed S10 Series,ResMed Airsense 10 S10 AirCurve 10 Series CPAP and BiPAP Machine,90W Resmed S10 370001 37297 Rockpals 300W/500W Vehicle Power Supply Cord Cable Charger
Visit the KFD Store
4.7 out of 5 stars 2,025 ratings | 98 answered questions
$33.99$33.99
Post Reply Post Reply
Okay, so you have to plug it in to a cigarette lighter socket. That's ok because I have an adapter that will allow me to connect it directly to a car battery if necessary.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
In order to avoid any power interruption while sleeping, I have my AirCurve set up on a 175 CCA Deep Cycle battery using a Battery Tender charger and the KFD DC power supply ($34 USD - Amazon). This setup, including the power supply, has been working flawlessly for over 2 years now. For the battery connection, I use a female 12v receptacle attached to the battery, then plug the cigarette lighter plug into it.

Here is the link to the power supply: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07RQP7G14?psc=1.
Link to connector: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LMP6BEK?psc=1
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
Yes! That's the same unit discussed previously in this thread. Thanks.

I already have the female cigarette lighter socket that connects to the battery terminals with alligator clips. Also has an inline fuse. It was purchased years ago for use with my PRS1.

I now have a whole house generator so as long as I'm at home I'm good to go. When I travel I need a battery if I'm going to be off grid.

I now have two A10's so I'm getting rid of my old PRS1's. The new one for home, the old one for travel. Plus I have a S9 in case the old A10 fails. I won't be able to use the S9 off grid.
Sleepster

Post Reply Post Reply
KFD makes a DC-DC supply for the S9. That's how I came across the brand.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Transcend (Somnetics) Micro Power Plug Size SteadyState 6 1,790 03-25-2024, 01:14 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
  Airsence 10 Date Resets after Power Outrage Khayyam Qaiser 2 229 01-26-2024, 12:12 PM
Last Post: Khayyam Qaiser
  Philips Respironics DreamStation check power Steve Foley 18 22,412 01-07-2024, 02:09 PM
Last Post: zebedee
  AirSense 10. Power cable broke on air tube connecting ring. Ruhtra 1 405 11-18-2023, 02:29 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  AirCurve power problem Shamus54 10 981 10-30-2023, 07:13 PM
Last Post: Shamus54
  Resmed Airsense 11 blowing full power with no leaks bcodemz 2 870 10-29-2023, 07:57 PM
Last Post: bcodemz
  [Equipment] Portable Backup Power for Outages Craige 4 568 10-29-2023, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Craige

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.