Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] ResMed Air Autoset 10 not showing correct hours of use
ResMed Air Autoset 10 not showing correct hours of use
Hello. 
New member, thanks for admitting me to group. 
I have a resmedair10 autotset machine that for the last week 
has stopped recording hours used correctly.  One morning showed only 2 hours use and I had slept 7
One time I slept 6 hours and it only showed 2.55 . one time slept 5 and it shows and it showed only 3.5 The face icons on the machine display shows no leaks and are smiling .
When I wake up the machine is still blowing air per usual and my wife says she does not think it stops or anything during the night. 
I called the VA and they have not heard of this issue before . No new machines available due to "Supply Chain" issues for a month or more. I really like this machine 
and do not wanna use a downgraded loaner . Said they will call me back next week with more advice from a tech but I have a feeling I will just have to wait it out. I have an older S8  with an inop heat pad they said I can use if I do not feel comfortable using the 10 but other than not logging hours correctly the ResMed 10 autoset works fine. 
Any advice why this is ResMed 10 autoset is doing this or how to fix it ?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed Air Autoset 10 not showing correct hours of use
There are two likely possibilities here. The Autoset keeps track of sleeping hours from noon to noon, according to its clock. If you sleep during the night, it may be that the clock is not set correctly. If you sleep in the morning, and sleep past noon, only the hours past noon will show up after you wake up.

The fix, in either case, involves going into the Clinician's Menu and setting the clock and calendar, either to the correct time (if you sleep normal hours), or offset so that the machine's noon falls outside your sleeping hours.

You can find instructions about the Clinician's Menu if you click on the 'CPAP Setup Manuals' in the black menu bar above. If you aren't comfortable accessing the Menu, your tech guy can guide you through it.

The machine is keeping track of all your hours, and they will be copied to an SD card which can be read by your DME or by the OSCAR program which you can download for free from the black menu bar at the top.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok. will try to get the sleep peeps to check on this for me. Thx.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thx for your reply. They called and walked me through the clinical access to check the time. Was ok. They asked if I was using a heated tube. I do . Official resmed one that I bought with my own funds. They said sometimes the tube can cause problems with the data collection. On the list for a new machine but in the meantime going back to an old skool hose and see what happens.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 20 369 7 minutes ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 109 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  ResMed S9 AutoSet and OSCAR - Help Appreciated Slippy 12 467 03-16-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: Slippy
Sad [Treatment] 10 Months In and Still Waking Up After 4 to 5 Hours Burnsy 3 284 03-14-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Burnsy
  Still Only Sleeping 4-5 Hours Most Nights AustinSV 5 251 03-12-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  ResMed Airsense 10 AutoSet and Oscar Bucktilley 4 213 03-05-2024, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Bucktilley
  Big Gap In Readings - Hours of use too short an4g745 12 471 03-01-2024, 06:50 PM
Last Post: an4g745

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.