Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Big changes in flow rate
RE: Big changes in flow rate
(03-08-2022, 01:03 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Traysh, I don't see a huge problem with your chart.  The machine has trouble accurately measuring flow when leaks are high.  The normal vent/leak rate for your mask is about 24-28 L/min and a large leak is one that affects machine performance will be about twice the design leak. When you leak is over 60 L/min, you are in large leak territory and I'm surprised Oscar is not flagging that.  Did you manually set the unintentional leak threshold in Preferences?  Anyway, your therapy results look pretty good. I can't tell why the machine increased pressure at 01:47, but Philips mostly increases pressure for snores and obstructive apnea.  The cluster of OA looks positional.  Overall, no changes are needed, but if you have not tried Flex at 2 instead of 3, give that a try.  The use of Smartramp is cancelling your ramp, and you might as well turn off ramp.

I do not remember having changed anything related to that in the preferences. You will find the preferences screenshot attached.

Quote:The machine has trouble accurately measuring flow when leaks are high.

Would that affect the machine capability of sensing and reacting to important events?

Quote:Overall, no changes are needed, but if you have not tried Flex at 2 instead of 3, give that a try.

I don't mind trying. What's the rationale behind it?

Thanks for your help
Thanks

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Based on your settings, the leaks in excess of 48.3 L/min should have been flagged for large leak. I don't know why they were not flagged.

Flex at 3 has been a problem for many members including myself. It just feels like it doesn't sync with breathing. I think you will like Flex at 2 better, and it's just a comfort issue.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Nice, thanks for sharing, I'll try it
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  help... Suspicous Flow Rate and Flow Limitations, bothersome Aerophagia Barefooter64 15 729 Yesterday, 12:37 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Relationship between EPR and Flow Limitations earnerd 11 379 Yesterday, 11:51 AM
Last Post: earnerd
  Too much STATIC showing in OSCAR Flow Rate PappaJoe 0 76 04-16-2024, 08:23 AM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  High flow limit, erratic breathing and resp rates jclarke131000 14 298 04-16-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: jclarke131000
  Is This Flow Limitation Cause for Concern? bertchintus 4 271 04-15-2024, 08:27 PM
Last Post: bertchintus
Question Does abnormal breathing trigger an elevated heart rate? Or vice versa. G. Szabo 14 359 04-15-2024, 07:01 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Flow Limit and frequent waking issues Premier1991 3 193 04-15-2024, 08:07 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.