Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] ResMed AirCurve 10 VPAP help
ResMed AirCurve 10 VPAP help
Hello there,

I am just switching over to bipap therapy after having reached a point where cpap was no longer clinically effective. I have a new machine now but was hoping for some help tweaking it a bit. I have read over the clinicians manual but am still unclear on how to optimize the settings based on the prescription.

I am set for 17 I, 14 E, ti min is set to .5 and ti max to .8 as best I could work out from the manual and am in S mode. The rise and ramp are set to medium and I have to set easy breathe to off, even though it’s helpful, as it is pumping me full of air and my stomach is unhappy.

I have the option for Vauto too but, again, outside of reading about it am not sure really what the most optimal well to begin this process would be as bipap’s are a strange new world of being bloated and golden machines.

I also have a copy of the formal sleep titration study in pdf if that would be helpful to review. I just need help. I am sleeping like crap right now and don’t know what to do.

Any help or guidance would be appreciated and thank you as always.

J

P.S. I am using the ResMed full facemask F20 and my climate line is being sent to me so at the moment I am on regular line. Huhsign
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed AirCurve 10 VPAP help
johnathonm,

First, congratulations on getting an excellent machine!

It would be very helpful to have some background information to properly advise you concerning settings with your new machine. I noticed that you did not include your current pressure support settings and that information would be helpful as well.

If you don't mind, please post the results of the titration study so I can compare those recommended settings to what your settings actually are. Omit any personal information. Also, your new machine is capable of collecting detailed data about your sleep, breath by breath. If you follow the links in my signature, you can download Sleepyhead to collect that information, then you can organize your charts (another link in my signature), and post the data using screenshots and the attachment feature (yet another link in my signature). By following these steps it is possible to give you the best possible advice for optimizing your therapy based on your unique needs. 

Best wishes.
Jesse

Post Reply Post Reply
If you could update your profile it would help a lot also. You can get the clinic manual for the VAUTO from the private files section to help you figure out everything.

Most important of all is to post a sleepyhead chart so people here can be sure of giving you the correct advice.

Congrats on the VAUTO! You got the best!
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Walla Walla,

It’s funny you mention the best. I had picked out the AirCurve on my own but since there are so many subtypes and the doctor needed to be the doctor. So I said to her I have been looking at this line of units and want the best. It was through the forum however that I learned to ensure they write the specific model  on the script to the dme to ensure we got the exact unit. So it worked out as planned. Well played apneaboard... well played.

I did get the manual too.

Thank you all.

Johnathon
Post Reply Post Reply
These are the study results that I received, and trimmed to eliminate personal information with your permission.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Jesse

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi all,

Please, any insight on things like Tmax, Tmin, rise, ramp and cycle settings to tweak things would be greatly appreciated. I have only had the device a few nights but the dme didnt setup anything but the I and E events and turn on easy breathe which causes me to swallow so much air.

I appreciate all of your time.

J
Post Reply Post Reply
Based on these results, I would recommend using Vauto mode with min Epap 11 and max Epap 18 and a pressure support of 3. The pressure support will help to eliminate hypopnea and the Vauto mode will allow the machine to react to events based on when they occur and adjust accordingly. These machines react fast and with the combination of the machine doing the adjustments and the data that you provide through sleepyhead, you will get some solid advice for treatment optimization.
Jesse

Post Reply Post Reply
May I ask, any guidance on Tmax and Tmin?
Post Reply Post Reply
Ti min and Ti max are the adjustments for min inspiration time and max inspiration time respectively. By default the machine is set at 0.3 and 2.0 respectively, which aren't bad settings.
Ramp is a comfort feature which starts at a lower pressure and gradually increases to therapeutic pressures over a set period of time. New users will use this feature to acclimate to therapy, I personally do not.
You can adjust the sensitivity of trigger and cycle responses. Trigger is for the beginning of inspiration and cycle is the beginning of exhalation. Without data, specifically Sleepyhead charts, any settings changes here would be speculation.
Jesse

Post Reply Post Reply
Ok, I will gather data.

Last question, any benefit in getting a neck brace or doing the tape thing?

J
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 11 293 03-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 550 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  Plmnb's New Therapy ResMed AirCurve 10 ST-A Plmnb 204 8,492 03-19-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Trouble adapting to ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV JanetW 6 203 03-19-2024, 01:58 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,232 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Oscar not recording CSR and RE with Aircurve 10 Vauto rmfisher132 1 87 03-17-2024, 04:33 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  new machine Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto Uzupan 32 1,347 03-10-2024, 07:29 AM
Last Post: Uzupan

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.