Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] ResMed AirCurve 10 VPAP help
RE: ResMed AirCurve 10 VPAP help
Sleepyhead won't seem to work properly for me so this is what I was able to pull from an excel export.

Also, does anyone have any thoughts on what might help with the swallowing of the air with my settings? Or how to improve the numbers.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you are using a Windows computer, and Sleepyhead will not run, go to the directory C:/Program Files x86/Sleepyhead and find the Sleepyhead Broken GL.exe and click on that. It usually solves the problem. If so, you can create a shortcut on your desktop of the Broken GL executable. Your posted data so far is just summary statistics and has no diagnostic value at all. We need the Detailed Graphs, and ResScan is next to worthless. Its most detailed view is 30 minutes and it doesn't graph the flow rate with any resolution. You can't organize the graphs, but just have to scroll or the best view, none of which are very good. If we had to rely on ResScan to diagnose and help people, we'd be nearly blind here. Get your Sleepyhead working.

The most useful information we have from your graphs is this one, but for one day that pertains to a specific set of settings. If you're going to continue posting ResScan data, this is the only one I want to see for the most current day.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=6552]

Here we learn that your AHI is very low, and all respiratory rates and volumes look very good. So our ongoing objective is to reduce pressure to relieve aerophagia. The problem is, this covers 3-days and we don't have a clue what effect the pressure changes have had. So since we're flying blind here, I propose that we start from the beginning. I'd like you to set EPAP min at 6.0, EPAP max at 10.0 and use PS 4. This will result in a maximum IPAP pressure of 14. Let's see if we can beat back the aerophagia without having a lot more apnea. I can't emphasize enough how much better this could be if you would give us useful data.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am on it. Tomorrow I plan to setup a virtual machine to do a clean install of windows, then insTall sleepYhead under the virtual machine. Wait a second... I have an idea...
Post Reply Post Reply
First time I've ever experienced suspense on the forum. Smile

I've got a strange mashup of the twilight zone and the final round of jeopardy tune playing in my head.
Jesse

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-10-2018, 08:11 PM)JesseLee Wrote: First time I've ever experienced suspense on the forum. Smile

I've got a strange mashup of the twilight zone and the final round of jeopardy tune playing in my head.

Just don't hold your breath! We're all about preventing apnea here.  Laugh-a-lot
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-10-2018, 08:29 PM)Sleeprider Wrote:
(06-10-2018, 08:11 PM)JesseLee Wrote: First time I've ever experienced suspense on the forum. Smile

Just don't hold your breath! We're all about preventing apnea here.  Laugh-a-lot

ABIA: Apnea Board Induced Apnea, rare form of central apnea
Jesse

Post Reply Post Reply
Ok, round one fail again. I am able to pull data off the SD card but for each day it is giving me data on the left but in the center window it's white and the bottom bar says "summary only Sad"....

Any ideas?

I am now taking a harder route and I have pulled the latest snapshot off the git repository... this might not be built until tomorrow but I can compile a current version of the software in beta mode. The build we are using now is from 2016. Maybe if I can get this to work and compile it properly it will fix the issue.

But as of now sleepy head will not give me the detailed data it does for other users devices. So it's either me or a bug.
Post Reply Post Reply
lest it go otherwise unnoticed,  Dielaughing .  twilight zone and jeopardy.  preventing apnea.  ABIA.  heh.  levity.  good.

sorry to interrupt, johnathonm...
Post Reply Post Reply
My lack of software skills leaves me with a lack of suggestions. Usually when the card is not in the machine during use, it will write the summary data to the card once installed. The machine does not keep a record of all the data onboard and writes the comprehensive data directly to the card.
Jesse

Post Reply Post Reply
I will seat it for tonight’s hell and see what happens...
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 11 298 03-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 563 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  Plmnb's New Therapy ResMed AirCurve 10 ST-A Plmnb 204 8,511 03-19-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Trouble adapting to ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV JanetW 6 207 03-19-2024, 01:58 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,240 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Oscar not recording CSR and RE with Aircurve 10 Vauto rmfisher132 1 88 03-17-2024, 04:33 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  new machine Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto Uzupan 32 1,355 03-10-2024, 07:29 AM
Last Post: Uzupan

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.