Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] ResMed AirCurve 10 VPAP help
RE: ResMed AirCurve 10 VPAP help
Day 3
Post Reply Post Reply
Alright johnathonm! Charts!
Jesse

Post Reply Post Reply
Your first chart shows clusters of OA which suggest positional issues. The soft cervical collar is the easiest way to approach that. However the clusters are absent in the following charts. What did you do different?

The second night looks best of three with time and low ahi.

Third nights is really broken up. I imagine you are still getting acclimated and comfort is a big issue.
Jesse

Post Reply Post Reply
Success!  And going in the right direction!  Sorry, I'm not qualified to discuss the meaning of the graphs.

One tip I can give: SleepyHead has a function for screen shots.  You can find it on the top menu bar, 'View' then 'Take Screenshot', or just press the F12 key.  I recommend you expand SH to fullscreen before making screenshots.
Post Reply Post Reply
I will give their functionality a shot. As for the past few nights, I have had horrific sleep. I am so overtired that I actually can't fall asleep.

As for the cervical collar, is there one on amazon you could recommend?
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-14-2018, 07:53 PM)johnathonm Wrote: I will give their functionality a shot. As for the past few nights, I have had horrific sleep. I am so overtired that I actually can't fall asleep.

I have never used an SCC (soft cervical collar). There is a thread on them that may point you down the righr path.

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...oft-collar
Jesse

Post Reply Post Reply
Hello again,

Since sleepyhead is working in opengl I am not able to include more information on a single screenshot. I wanted to post last nights results using the ResMed Airfit N20 Nasal Pillows/Mask/Cushion and I have to first say I love it compared to my ResMed Full Facemask F20. The cushion is so small and only covers exactly what it needs to cover. I struggled a bit getting the straps adjusted properly but once I did, this thing rocks. I don't know how my data looks but I actually don't feel terrible for the first time in a long time.

I would love to hear your guys thoughts on my data because I don't think I want to go back to the full face mask again unless I absolutely have to do it. I found much more consistent pressures and I can actually see! I am actually excited about the bipap for the first time since I've had it. I might be liberated from the full face mask and not feel like crap, double win.

Attached is my data. I hope to hear from you.

J
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-14-2018, 07:53 PM)johnathonm Wrote:

I have some previous experience (unrelated to sleep apnea and leaks) so I was reluctant to try most of them.  The one I found that works best is called "Eliminator" but it's difficult to find unless you use the phrase, "The Eliminator Series Sleep Aid Cushion Travel Sleep Pillow Cushion".  I made a mistake and ordered it from an Amazon merchant, RAMBUTEN.  If you decide to try it, I recommend buying it of fleaBay and save a little money and a lot of aggravation.

If your profile avatar is a pic of you, I should say that the collar is only about 4" at the front, which barely works for me and my neck is pretty short.  (The nurse who was trying to x-ray my neck some years back complained that I didn't have a neck!)  However, this collar is less than fifteen bucks, with free shipping (except from RAMBUTEN), so it won't be an expensive experiment.

Good luck on whatever you try!
Post Reply Post Reply
I use the S9 VPAP which basically works the same as the Aircurve. I noticed that you raised your IPAP to 18 and that this immediately brought your numbers down to a good level. However, you also raised your EPAP which I don't think that you really had to do. I run my IPAP max at 20 and my EPAP at 9.0 with a PS of 3.6. My IPAP 90% tends to run around the 13.0 mark which, coincidentally is the set CPAP pressure recommended after my sleep study. Of course, my IPAP and EPAP are always going to be 3.6 apart because that's how Resmed does it - as your IPAP goes up or down the EPAP will be minus whatever you set our PS at. It's the one area where I think that they should look at Respironics who have variable (max and min) PS.

I wonder if you set your EPAP at a lower level (go back down a couple of notches to 12 or 11 maybe) it might make things even better. I founf that it tended to pull my 90% down after I got used to it.

Regarding the cervical collar - for me it's a no brainer. It works!
Post Reply Post Reply
Your leak rate is close to perfection, so no problems with the nasal mask at this point. Your starting pressure of 18/14 seems to set you up for very stable pressures and avoids nearly all events. In this example, pressure is nearly constant, rising only 0.6 cm. This suggests you could probably start at a lower pressure in Vauto mode, and still have less than 2-cm of pressure change through the night. Keeping pressure changes to a minimum tends to be better for sleep integrity, but I could see you using EPAP min setting of 12.0, EPAP max 16.0, PS 4.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 11 312 03-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 570 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  Plmnb's New Therapy ResMed AirCurve 10 ST-A Plmnb 204 8,515 03-19-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Trouble adapting to ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV JanetW 6 210 03-19-2024, 01:58 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,243 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Oscar not recording CSR and RE with Aircurve 10 Vauto rmfisher132 1 89 03-17-2024, 04:33 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  new machine Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto Uzupan 32 1,362 03-10-2024, 07:29 AM
Last Post: Uzupan

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.