Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] ResMed AirCurve10 VAuto blockage
RE: ResMed AirCurve10 VAuto blockage
will do...
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
Last night was the best I've had sleeping yet.  AHI 1.97 and very little leakage, Tv 440.

I did notice on the exhale while I was conscious that there was a stoppage of the exhale.  Could that be the OA events?  It is like the device blocked the exhale flow.  I only see a four of those after I got to sleep... 

I adjusted the Max IPAP to 15 and set the Flow Rate chart to -80/80 and attached...

I think this mask is the answer.  I made sure the collar was solidly under my chin and tight enough to keep me from dropping my head.  Seemed a little uncomfortable at first but bearable.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Your respiration has fully normalized and your event rate is low other than the one cluster. I think you've found what you need to make this work. Note that apnea cluster at the beginning of the night arises from a low pressure, and I think you might increase the minimum pressure a bit. Your median is about 11.4/7.4.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'll bump it up a little at a time and see how it goes...

I sent these charts to my Pulmanologist this morning.  I'll see what he says about them and let you know...

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
With your AHI under 2.0, I don't see a pressing need for increases unless you see that pattern of apnea at minimum pressure continue. You've come a long way. I suspect your doctor will be happy with that.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Algorithm with how airsense 10 with EPR of 3 adjust pressure compared to a Vauto? Michaely6 11 176 3 hours ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
  AHI 0.3 after 3 nights on VAUTO zzzlessinMS 4 182 12-01-2018, 10:49 AM
Last Post: zzzlessinMS
  Which Machine? (Aircurve 10 Vauto vs S9 Elite) Bruno2 15 396 11-24-2018, 07:10 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Sad My life has become living hell... [nose blockage] arc0509 33 1,752 11-24-2018, 10:51 AM
Last Post: laprof
  AirCurve™ 10 VAuto bipap machine Knittingdoc 4 384 10-31-2018, 12:27 PM
Last Post: Melman
  VAUTO- Where to next? zzzZorro 9 403 10-26-2018, 09:02 AM
Last Post: Kosoku
  Blockage during exhale - Uvula/Soft Palate mikemky 69 41,001 10-20-2018, 11:12 AM
Last Post: Jodiroo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.