Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] ResMed AirCurve10 VAuto blockage
will do...
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
Last night was the best I've had sleeping yet.  AHI 1.97 and very little leakage, Tv 440.

I did notice on the exhale while I was conscious that there was a stoppage of the exhale.  Could that be the OA events?  It is like the device blocked the exhale flow.  I only see a four of those after I got to sleep... 

I adjusted the Max IPAP to 15 and set the Flow Rate chart to -80/80 and attached...

I think this mask is the answer.  I made sure the collar was solidly under my chin and tight enough to keep me from dropping my head.  Seemed a little uncomfortable at first but bearable.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Your respiration has fully normalized and your event rate is low other than the one cluster. I think you've found what you need to make this work. Note that apnea cluster at the beginning of the night arises from a low pressure, and I think you might increase the minimum pressure a bit. Your median is about 11.4/7.4.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'll bump it up a little at a time and see how it goes...

I sent these charts to my Pulmanologist this morning.  I'll see what he says about them and let you know...

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
With your AHI under 2.0, I don't see a pressing need for increases unless you see that pattern of apnea at minimum pressure continue. You've come a long way. I suspect your doctor will be happy with that.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [split] ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto vs ASV to Treat Central Apnea waldo1945 134 7,986 10-13-2018, 05:04 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto vs AirCurve 10 S Howie51 4 158 10-12-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: Howie51
  Blockage behind Adam's Apple causing obstructions? MyronH 5 156 10-04-2018, 03:07 PM
Last Post: crowtor
  AirSense™ 10 AutoSet™ Problems Not Recording & Tube Blockage Errors Pugman 13 3,505 09-08-2018, 12:06 PM
Last Post: jaswilliams
  ResMed AirCurve Vauto Setup FifthAvenue 2 163 09-08-2018, 08:44 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Blockage during exhale - Uvula/Soft Palate mikemky 68 40,124 09-04-2018, 03:27 PM
Last Post: yrnkrn
  AirCurve VAuto mode not reaching max IPAP tonyzarger 15 541 08-09-2018, 06:03 AM
Last Post: tonyzarger