Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] ResMed AirCurve10 VAuto blockage
RE: ResMed AirCurve10 VAuto blockage
will do...
Post Reply Post Reply
Last night was the best I've had sleeping yet.  AHI 1.97 and very little leakage, Tv 440.

I did notice on the exhale while I was conscious that there was a stoppage of the exhale.  Could that be the OA events?  It is like the device blocked the exhale flow.  I only see a four of those after I got to sleep... 

I adjusted the Max IPAP to 15 and set the Flow Rate chart to -80/80 and attached...

I think this mask is the answer.  I made sure the collar was solidly under my chin and tight enough to keep me from dropping my head.  Seemed a little uncomfortable at first but bearable.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your respiration has fully normalized and your event rate is low other than the one cluster. I think you've found what you need to make this work. Note that apnea cluster at the beginning of the night arises from a low pressure, and I think you might increase the minimum pressure a bit. Your median is about 11.4/7.4.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'll bump it up a little at a time and see how it goes...

I sent these charts to my Pulmanologist this morning.  I'll see what he says about them and let you know...

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
With your AHI under 2.0, I don't see a pressing need for increases unless you see that pattern of apnea at minimum pressure continue. You've come a long way. I suspect your doctor will be happy with that.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB GrandCentral 18 851 03-23-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 549 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  New Bi Level AC/11 VAUTO skcampbell2 19 460 03-18-2024, 02:27 PM
  Oscar not recording CSR and RE with Aircurve 10 Vauto rmfisher132 1 87 03-17-2024, 04:33 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  What machine? VAuto vs ASV snapperzz 3 138 03-16-2024, 10:55 AM
  New diagnosis, Vauto on the way, some questions SBTApnea 12 716 03-15-2024, 01:18 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  new machine Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto Uzupan 32 1,345 03-10-2024, 07:29 AM
Last Post: Uzupan

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.