Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] ResMed AirCurve10 VAuto blockage
RE: ResMed AirCurve10 VAuto blockage
Is there a brand of neck roll you recommend?  I would rather not use the face mask if I can do something else...
Post Reply Post Reply
Tried the Amara (again) last night with terrible results.

Question: Does the high leakage rate really matter with the pillows.

If the 400ml target for the Tidal Volume, the AHI is low and I feel really good in the morning is that ok?

I've read about the AHI being below 5 as being a good thing.

Is this train of thought wrong?
Post Reply Post Reply
Over the weekend I tried both of my full face masks and they really did not help and for the most part they were worse...

I went back to the nasal pillows and this morning I felt pretty good.  In looking at the AHI it does not show as well.  In analyzing though, after I awoke for a restroom break I put it back on and that part of the chart shows that I did not do so well.  See attached.

I worked hard on keeping my mouth closed with the techniques suggested and thought I did pretty well.  I'm going to order a cervical collar and see if that helps at all.

Looks like the Tidal volume average is still below the 400 ml, so I wondering if a change is needed or should I wait until I try the cervical collar?  

As usual and advise is appreciated...
Post Reply Post Reply
It's hard to know what the tidal volume might be because the leaks mask the real respiratory flow rate. I think the collar is worth a try. On Amazon, I think people have used the Caldera Releaf and Nine Max. Anything the fits comfortably, prevents chin drop and supports the jaw line is perfect. I think some of the drug store chains and Walmart carry them if you want to touch and see before you buy.

If nasal pillows are more comfortable, do your best to make them work. How you "feel" is more important than the numbers, but treatment guidelines target under 5 events per hour.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I found one at CVS locally, so I'll pick one up today and try it tonight.  I know it is working, on the days that I sleep all night without waking up, I don't get sleepy in the afternoon.  I have lost 65 lbs since I started this journey.  I'm working on 2 lbs per week and walking 2.5 miles every morning.  It is helping greatly.

My goal is to show my Pulmonologist in July that this is working better than the Trilogy ever did.  I'd like to get at least 2 - 3 weeks where the AHI is below 2 if possible.

Thanks for you help and back with more tomorrow...
Post Reply Post Reply
Purchased a neck collar yesterday and wore it last night.  Not very comfortable but from my semi-trained eye, I did sleep fairly well until early this morning when I started to have some issues.  I did my usual BR break and after that I did not do very well at all.

Some insight as to a more expert opinion would be good here.  Should I continue to try the collar?  AHI looks better.

Attached last nights report...
Post Reply Post Reply
Don't base decision on a single night, or part of it. This is a slight improvement and it may take time to get the hang of it. Leak rates is slightly lower, but generally a large leak throughout the night.

Both of your recent graphs only show an inspiratory time of 0.3 seconds for median, 95% and maximum. That is to say the least unusual, and I would contend impossible. Can you zoom into a 2-minute close-up of the respiratory rate so we can see why that is? Prefer a section without large leak, and please include mask pressure (the blue graph of mask pressure) with the respirator rate.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here you go...

23:30 to almost midnight...
Post Reply Post Reply
Need to get closer.  We are looking for a 2-minute segment that looks more like this:

[Image: attachment.php?aid=4258]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Here is a better one...
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB GrandCentral 18 858 03-23-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 563 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  New Bi Level AC/11 VAUTO skcampbell2 19 465 03-18-2024, 02:27 PM
  Oscar not recording CSR and RE with Aircurve 10 Vauto rmfisher132 1 88 03-17-2024, 04:33 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  What machine? VAuto vs ASV snapperzz 3 141 03-16-2024, 10:55 AM
  New diagnosis, Vauto on the way, some questions SBTApnea 12 728 03-15-2024, 01:18 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  new machine Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto Uzupan 32 1,355 03-10-2024, 07:29 AM
Last Post: Uzupan

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.