Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] ResMed AirCurve10 VAuto blockage
RE: ResMed AirCurve10 VAuto blockage
Something is wrong with that double peak in the mask pressure. Your machine may not be delivering PS 4 and May have other faults. If you have a DME get it checked out.  I suspect the inspiration time is being improperly detected by the machine.  I have never seen mask pressure look like this except for extreme flow-limited breathing. 

Something we could try as an experiment is to increase the TiMin to 0.6 That will hold IPAP pressure for 0.6 seconds from the start on each breath.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=6105]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I took this over from a friend that died.  My Pulmonologist has approved using it. 

Here are the new settings you requested.

TiMax and TiMin + 1???

If so, I will try it again tonight and send the results....

Please advise...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
TiMax should be 2.0, TiMin at 0.6. I edited my comment above, and would rather change TiMin a little less than the 1 second I originally posted. Bring the Tigger sensitivity back to medium. It looks like part of the problem is the IPAP is triggering during exhale.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Will do,

Post in the morning...

Thanks boss...
Post Reply Post Reply
Subjectively, this was the best night yet.  

I slept solidly from the time is started sleeping to about 3:45am.  No waking periods that I remember.  In and out until the end of the session.  Air in and out very tolerable with not blockage.  

AHI did come down but I'm still puzzled by the high leak rate.  

While awake I do not remember any times when my mouth was open leaking air.  Wore the collar after adjustments and it felt much better.  It supported my neck to when I could not droop my chin down.

I've attached the whole night screen shot and then a sample of 2.10 minutes in a clear areas with no leaks.  I can send more 2 minute areas from different sections as needed.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK, last night I only had the mask on for about 3 hours but the AHI was much better.  .43...

I had the collar on and adjusted to where it was more comfortable.  I've attached two screenshots.  One full and one two minute with little leakage.

The waveform for the 2 minutes still does not look like your example.  Leakage still way high according to the splash screen.

I'm not sure what the collar is doing but it seems to help.

Please advise...
Post Reply Post Reply
The Full Face Mask is working really well for me with my previous night AHI being .32 and the Tv being 480.

The full face mask is rather confining especially since I'm using the cervical collar.  It also causes the bridge of my nose to be rather sore.

I thought since I had already purchased the Amara View mask, I would try it last night.  It is considered a full face mask so I did not change the setting in the device.

I've attached the charts from last night and the night before with the full face mask...

Subjectively I think I had the best sleep I've had in a while.  The reason I gave up on this one was it would leak around the edges and wake me up.  Last night with the collar I slept straight through without waking.  I was excited to see what the charts looked like.  Big surprise...

AHI almost 10 but no leakage.  A large number of OA events.  I'm not sure I understand this.  I'm going to try it again tonight to see if I can improve it.

Analysis from the pro's might be enlightening...

Thanks...
Post Reply Post Reply
Each mask seems to have it's own quirks. I'm encouraged you felt like you slept well, but the AHI is not lookin' so good. My best guess is you found a way to collapse or get under the collar, and the other possibility is you just need a higher pressure. Let's give it some time. The closeup flow rate you posted is flow limited and lacks a good expiratory flow, but I think part of that is the graph format. I would like you to format the Flow Rate chart by right-clicking on the left margin and selecting y-axis, then setting the range to +80 and -80. Then add a dotted line at zero. That will give us better resolution and make it easier to interpret.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
I will adjust the chart for tonight's sojourn into the nether world ;-)

I told my doctor about this site and how you have helped tune in this device.

I have an appointment with him on July 9th.  I really didn't know how he would take me taking matters into my own hands ans switching.  He has approved sending an adjustment of the scrip to my DME since we have made much progress on getting me sleeping many more hours than on the Trilogy.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think if you'd like to try adding to your maximum pressure, we can add 1-cm to your EPAP max.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Smile Alan's New ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto Came Today! Deborah K. 20 968 04-14-2024, 08:15 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Aircurve 10 Vauto ANTIKATE 5 139 04-14-2024, 12:53 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Bipap VAuto Settings Help Please jonoc99 5 143 04-12-2024, 04:16 PM
  [Treatment] Valtor Therapy Thread - from Autoset to Vauto Valtor 50 1,343 04-12-2024, 09:24 AM
  ResMed VAuto single beep at times? k888 4 144 04-08-2024, 07:59 AM
Last Post: k888
  APAP to VAuto not going well snapperzz 6 217 04-05-2024, 09:15 AM
Question Difference between Vauto and S modes PeaceLoveAndPizza 10 1,333 04-02-2024, 04:45 AM
Last Post: baolitoumu

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.