Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] ResMed AirMini™
RE: ResMed AirMini™
(01-12-2017, 03:53 PM)Dagmar Wrote: That's exciting news! I was considering buying a small travel unit within the next few weeks but I can wait.

Me too. rather buy a state of the yart Resmed than a Transcend.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-11-2017, 04:53 PM)zonk Wrote:
(01-11-2017, 01:52 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: I've looked around and can't find any images of Airmini. Does anybody know where it can be seen?
[Image: ResMed%20AirMini.jpg?itok=xQ7TMFg1] [Image: ResMed%20AirMini.jpg?itok=4dJJaL2J]
http://www.mobihealthnews.com/tag/airmini

[Image: Screen%20Shot%202017-01-09%20at%2010.44.01%20AM.png]
http://www.mobihealthnews.com/content/re...pap-device

Designed to be used as an secondary device – particularly during travel or any other time the user doesn’t have access to or doesn’t want to bring their full-size CPAP device along – the AirMini is ResMed’s first FDA approval and will be launched later this year. The device, which is not yet commercially available, comes in a case about the same size as one used to carry sunglasses.

“This is something that you take with you, you go through the TSA line with it, and when you get to where you are going, you just pull it out of your bag like you would your smartphone and plug it in,” ResMed CEO Mick Farrell told MobiHealthNews in an interview. “It’s a way to take treatment for sleep apnea mainstream, which is needed because it is so common.”

Farrell cited estimates of about 60 million people in the United States who have sleep apnea, but many are undiagnosed, or do not seek treatment at all.

“Eighty percent of people with sleep apnea are not currently on any breathing therapy, because a lot of the devices are hard to use, they are noisy, they are disruptive to both the user and their partner,” Farrell said. “For someone who travels a lot, it gets even more difficult.”

So that’s where ResMed is positioning the AirMini, Farrell said.

“It’s going to be a different experience for travelers, where sleep is especially important,” he said, adding that the current research and technology environment is ripe for sleep innovation. “Sleep is taking off. Clinical research is catching up to the digital space.”

The AirMini also works with ResMed’s app myAir, which the company launched in August. It gives users of ResMed’s connected CPAP devices contextual information-based coaching on how to improve their therapy through videos, emails and encouragement along the way. In a retrospective study with Kaiser Permanente, researchers found people are more likely to be adherent to CPAP therapy when they get feedback from connected devices and apps. In general, CPAP compliance is 60 percent, but patients who use the myAir get it up to 84 percent, which is attributable to the feedback loop patients get from the connected device.

ResMed launched its CPAP bedside devices, Air Solutions, in 2014. All devices (AirSense and AirCurve) contain cellular chips that store and transmit data. The program was originally launched as a website shortly after the 2014 device launch. Core customers are home healthcare providers, but the company also work with physicians. ResMed has a dedicated team and program called the ResMed Data Exchange that integrates with EHRs.

Last week, ResMed also announced SleepScore Labs, their joint venture with Dr. Mehmet Oz and Pegasus Capital Advisors that aims to compile and analyze consumer sleep data. Dr. Oz, a cardiac surgeon and well-known television personality, said he was attracted to ResMed because of the company’s sleep monitoring technology S+, which consists of a non-contact bedside sleep monitor and companion app.

"The statistics on sleep disorders are staggering," Oz said in a statement. "More than 70 million Americans suffer from a sleep disorder. Drowsy driving is responsible for thousands of fatal crashes a year. The list goes on and on. ResMed has the technology to help us measure, understand and educate people who are struggling with sleep. We know if people have the right tools, they will be able to improve their sleep and overall health.”

Post Reply Post Reply
Quote: ...comes in a case about the same size as one used to carry sunglasses.... and when you get to where you are going, you just pull it out of your bag like you would your smartphone and plug it in...

And where do your hose and mask fit in this sunglass-sized case? Or maybe they've bought the patent for Airing and don't need a hose and mask? Much as I like Resmed products, I'm liking them less and less as a company.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-13-2017, 09:49 AM)DeepBreathing Wrote: Much as I like Resmed products, I'm liking them less and less as a company.

Why? Because they haven't yet managed to make the mask and hose as small as the CPAP machine?

Post Reply Post Reply
http://airmini.resmed.com/
Post Reply Post Reply
I think I'll just stay tuned HERE, to hear about the release, rather than sign up for their mailing list.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-13-2017, 06:29 PM)BadGoodDeb Wrote: I think I'll just stay tuned HERE, to hear about the release, rather than sign up for their mailing list.

or LIKE their facebook page. That's where They posted it originally https://www.facebook.com/ResMed/
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-14-2017, 10:20 AM)lab rat Wrote: or LIKE their facebook page. That's where They posted it originally https://www.facebook.com/ResMed/
Wrong. Their CEO posted it on Twitter first...
Post Reply Post Reply
So like twitter
Post Reply Post Reply
I just got an email to win a free AirMini plus a $1,000 gift card.    It's the same link as posted above: https://airmini.resmed.com/

The contest also says:
Quote:1 Includes option of AirFit F20 with setup pack, AirFit N20 with setup pack or AirMini Mask Pack P10 (mask included).

The whole "teaser" thing is kind of annoying.  I want to see a data sheet.  I want to see how it's going to work on an airplane using a lithium battery pack or with a 12v DC supply.   I want to see if they've come up with some kind of passive humidifier solution.   I want to see power consumption numbers and ambient noise numbers.

Personally, I'm fine tossing my AirSense 10 in my roll-aboard along with the power brick, hose, and mask.   I have a 12v DC power brick for it and an AGM battery.  I haven't needed to shell out the money for a TSA-allowed lithium battery pack yet.  My only overnight flight since I started with CPAP a few years ago, I was in business class with 110v power at the seat.   It would be nice to have the ultra-light backpacker model for those occasional airplane rides in a CRJ with tiny overhead compartments but I've already figured out how to deal with that on short trips using a couple of small canvas bags that jam into those tiny compartments without needing to check anything.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Airmini noise question sfr79 38 20,273 03-20-2024, 09:22 PM
Last Post: Blausser
  Medicare Providers for Airmini Supplies knitsafghans 4 154 03-15-2024, 11:07 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Is the AirMini worth it vs. AirSense 11 labrat 10 920 02-22-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Jogreentree
  Connect Medistrom Pilot 12 Plus to Airsense 11 and Airmini? ICS55 2 308 02-18-2024, 11:10 PM
Last Post: ICS55
  [CPAP] Resmed airmini noise NYKP44 0 357 02-09-2024, 01:27 PM
Last Post: NYKP44
  AirMini with Oxygen darral.freund 2 921 02-08-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: darral.freund
  AirMini and Medicare (USA) bwilson4web 0 251 02-01-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: bwilson4web

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.