Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] ResMed AirMini™
RE: ResMed AirMini™
I got the same email today.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just got the email today; I think it got held up at the border. The fascinating bit is that the contest is only open to residents of the USA, and my email address is to my .ca domain - pretty obviously not in the USA.

It's nice that they are reaching out to end users (sort of), but also stupid not to do any minimal filtering on their myAir email list. I said (sort of) because the press release earlier in the thread said the customer was the DME and the occasional physician, with no mention of the actual end user. So perhaps ResMed is trying - I would say extremely trying.
Post Reply Post Reply
The new Resmed airmini is being released in Australia tonight at a big launch.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-06-2017, 08:38 PM)Paddington Wrote: The new Resmed airmini is being released in Australia tonight at a big launch.

um no it wasn't.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-11-2017, 07:46 AM)lab rat Wrote:
(04-06-2017, 08:38 PM)Paddington Wrote: The new Resmed airmini is being released in Australia tonight at a big launch.

um no it wasn't.

Yes it was, sort of.  Most of the suppliers in Sydney went to the launch.  It was shown to them and they were told the size but they aren't allowed to discuss it until it is released for sale on the market in early May.  So you are right.  Sort of! Another wait. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-11-2017, 05:50 PM)Paddington Wrote:
(04-11-2017, 07:46 AM)lab rat Wrote:

um no it wasn't.

Yes it was, sort of.  Most of the suppliers in Sydney went to the launch.  It was shown to them and they were told the size but they aren't allowed to discuss it until it is released for sale on the market in early May.  So you are right.  Sort of!  Another wait.  Smile

I have no time for false facts.

It was a "reveal" or "preview" or "launch".

It was not a release.  Nonosign
Post Reply Post Reply
I received the promotional email for their contest today. Still no pictures. Sounds like it will only be a constant pressure device. Like others have said, the unit may be small but the power supply, hose, and mask will all be the same. I always carry my A10 wherever I travel anyway. No big deal.

I have no problem with a constant pressure device, that would work. But I would really miss the humidification and the only way that could happen is with an auxiliary device which negate the small size further.

Jeff
Sleep is worth the effort.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ii too simply carry the A10 in its bag. It doesn't count as a carry on and fits nicely under the seat in front of me. I can also use the pocket in the front of the bag to keep other things such as boarding passes, an Ipad, cpap documents, etc... Rather handy actually. Only once was asked to open the bag to remove the unit for xray and that was an international trip. I too need the humidification so at the present carrying the A10 works for me.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-12-2017, 07:40 AM)foss Wrote: I received the promotional email for their contest today. Still no pictures. Sounds like it will only be a constant pressure device. Like others have said, the unit may be small but the power supply, hose, and mask will all be the same. I always carry my A10 wherever I travel anyway. No big deal.

I have no problem with a constant pressure device, that would work. But I would really miss the humidification and the only way that could happen is with an auxiliary device which negate the small size further.

Jeff

Did you see this video from someone who was at the launch?

He says it will be an adjustable pressure machine - autoset, autoset for her and elite all in one machine. 
He also says the humidifier will be an inline connection device.  Which is something that some people don't like, I know. 

I guess we won't know till it is released.  So sad that they didn't do that last week.  
I am not a supplier or associated with resmed but I am going away and would like to get one before I do. 

I can't post a link, sorry, but if you go on youtube and put >resmed airmini launch< in the search bar you should find it.
Post Reply Post Reply
I travelled from Sydney to Perth last weekend for a wedding and managed to pack a pair of shoes, my Airsense 10 with mask, tubing and power cord, and my clothes in a CARRY ON BAG. for a 2 night stay.

I used to carry the Airsense in its travel bag separately.

Now having achieved this miracle of light packing I won't bother paying hundreds of dollars on the off-chance I'll fly again soon.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Airmini noise question sfr79 38 20,255 03-20-2024, 09:22 PM
Last Post: Blausser
  Medicare Providers for Airmini Supplies knitsafghans 4 146 03-15-2024, 11:07 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Is the AirMini worth it vs. AirSense 11 labrat 10 906 02-22-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Jogreentree
  Connect Medistrom Pilot 12 Plus to Airsense 11 and Airmini? ICS55 2 306 02-18-2024, 11:10 PM
Last Post: ICS55
  [CPAP] Resmed airmini noise NYKP44 0 356 02-09-2024, 01:27 PM
Last Post: NYKP44
  AirMini with Oxygen darral.freund 2 916 02-08-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: darral.freund
  AirMini and Medicare (USA) bwilson4web 0 250 02-01-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: bwilson4web

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.