Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] ResMed AirMini™
RE: ResMed AirMini™
Sleep Review just posted a short article about the new ResMed product. Interesting features including; waterless humidification, Bluetooth interface to your Smart Phone/device, and compatible with three types of masks. No pricing mentioned.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hands on look https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PC0JdO3bZmY
Post Reply Post Reply
I noticed an AirMini Setup video listed as well.  During the mask setup phase, it listed a N20 but had a big "X" through the F20 symbol.  This leads me to believe that it will only work with Nasal and pillow masks.  .   .   .Just a guess.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
saw a video  today, the air mini has a waterless humidification which works with Pillows and nasal mask but NOT the F20.  I think that is what is refered to.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here are some highlights from the article including mask compatibility:

"AirMini’s features include:

A phone app (iOS and Android) for patients to change comfort settings and track their own nightly usage data, a practice that’s shown to increase compliance and health outcomes

Portable and convenient waterless humidification to maximize comfort, capturing a patient’s exhaled heat and moisture with a HumidX humidifier in the mask tube and redelivering it to them

Compatibility with ResMed’s AirFit N20 nasal and F20 full face masks, easy for home medical equipment providers to fit on a wide range of patients as well as a special AirMini version of the award-winning AirFit P10 nasal pillows mask.

CPAP users in the United States can contact their home medical equipment provider to place an order for the AirMini. ResMed will begin taking preorders on May 3, 2017, and AirMini will begin shipping by May 31. The technology will also be available in Australia, Canada, Denmark, Finland, Germany, New Zealand, Spain, and the United Kingdom."
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
You can use the F20 but won't get humidification
Post Reply Post Reply
I am not sure how they are going to force people to only use approved Resmed masks on their Airmini machine.

If they have a hose with a custom connector, surely someone will create a plastic adapter in no time.

The only way I could think they can block non-Resmed masks is to have a special hose containing a chip only recognised by the machine, wiring through that hose, and a chip in the mask. The hose connector does look like one with an electrical connector, but I don't think the hose is heated.

Alternatively, they could have an RFID chip in the mask, detected by the machine wirelessly, but then having a compatible mask nearby would be sufficient.

Seems to be very anti-competitive to block other masks if you ask me, unless they just want people to buy their masks at least once to try. Still a poor commercial decision, restricting the number of possible buyers.
Post Reply Post Reply
From what I have read they are not restricting the masks.  In the article comments it says the machine is compatible with the Dreamwear mask for example which is  not a ResMed mask.

"Will the AirMini work with my Dreamwear mask?

Greg   May 3, 2017 11:29 am  Reply
Yes, it should work no issue with the Phillips Dreamwear mask.

Colin McConnell   May 5, 2017 5:47 pm"

It will also with FFMs:

"Will it work with any mask (full face) and heated hose?

Cindy April 26, 2017 5:57 am Reply
It will work with a Full Face Mask. Heated hose is not an option.

Andy Silveira April 26, 2017 10:36 am"
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
duplicate post
Post Reply Post Reply
The AirMini is tempting, but that might just be because I like gadgets. You still have to pack the same sized mask. Less hose, from the looks of it (so the device has to sit beside my pillow?). I think I caught a glimpse of the power brick in one video ..... it seemed smaller. Perhaps 2 inches by 1 inch, rather than the usual larger size? All told, there's a slightly smaller amount of stuff to pack, but still significantly more than just that cute little engine they show in the photos!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Airmini noise question sfr79 38 20,254 03-20-2024, 09:22 PM
Last Post: Blausser
  Medicare Providers for Airmini Supplies knitsafghans 4 146 03-15-2024, 11:07 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Is the AirMini worth it vs. AirSense 11 labrat 10 906 02-22-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Jogreentree
  Connect Medistrom Pilot 12 Plus to Airsense 11 and Airmini? ICS55 2 306 02-18-2024, 11:10 PM
Last Post: ICS55
  [CPAP] Resmed airmini noise NYKP44 0 356 02-09-2024, 01:27 PM
Last Post: NYKP44
  AirMini with Oxygen darral.freund 2 916 02-08-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: darral.freund
  AirMini and Medicare (USA) bwilson4web 0 250 02-01-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: bwilson4web

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.