Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] ResMed AirMini™
RE: ResMed AirMini™
(05-11-2017, 10:32 AM)sonicboom Wrote: From what I have read they are not restricting the masks.  In the article comments it says the machine is compatible with the Dreamwear mask for example which is  not a ResMed mask.

I believe they are restricting.

See https://www.resmed.com/us/en/consumer/pr...rmini.html

FAQ at the bottom:
Post Reply Post Reply
It means that those are the masks Resmed is moving forward with.

They really need to discontinue the old ones in my opinion. Who uses the Swift FX nowadays?
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-12-2017, 06:05 AM)lab rat Wrote: It means that those are the masks Resmed is moving forward with.

They really need to discontinue the old ones in my opinion. Who uses the Swift FX nowadays?

I do! It's the most compact, road-worthy mask I've found. I am in hotels 3-4 nights a week, every week, and have had only one failure--the rigid elbow interface between the pillow and hose broke. I now remove the pillow from the elbow when packing the mask up and haven't had a breakage since. 

The headgear, pillow and hose (the mask component one) all pack into a small bag about the size of a quart-size ziplock bag about 1.25" thick.  

The Airfit P10 is substantially more fragile, I don't have much confidence in its crush resistance.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just read this...

The AirMini™ is compatible only with the following masks: AirFit™ P10 Setup Pack for AirMini™,
AirFit™ N20, AirFit™ F20 and the new AirTouch™ F20.
Note: The standard AirFit™ P10 will not work with the AirMini™.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-16-2017, 11:33 AM)WakeUpTime Wrote: Just read this...

The AirMini™ is compatible only with the following masks: AirFit™ P10 Setup Pack for AirMini™,
AirFit™ N20, AirFit™ F20 and the new AirTouch™ F20.
Note: The standard AirFit™ P10 will not work with the AirMini™.

I would imagine that you could hack up a "P10 for AirMini" hose between the in-line humidifier and the mask and splice in any other nasal pillow mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-20-2017, 08:36 AM)OMyMyOHellYes Wrote: Looks like it requires a power brick, effectively doubling the size, and putting it back into the same size footprint range as the Respironics travel unit. 

The AirSense 10 power brick is in no way optimized for portability.  It's not like you can't make a high quality 24v switching power supply that occupies 1/4 the volume.
Post Reply Post Reply
I *think* I caught a glimpse of the AirMini's brick, in one of the chat videos. It looked to be about 1" by 2", much smaller than the AirSense 10's brick.

I think.
Post Reply Post Reply
Info. from Supplier #1

Unlike many power supplies, the AirMini™ AC power supply is small, measuring 3.5 inches long by 2 inches wide by 1.35 tall. The travel sized humidifier has been eliminated with the addition of the HumidX™ component built into N20 and P10 CPAP tubes.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I received an informational email this morning that included details. The power supply is very small but proprietary like the A10 power supply. It looks to have three wires in the connector. It is only 20 watts so power needs are about 1/4 that of an A10. They specifically said that there is no battery powered aux supply available. So that means that a power inverter is required adding to the portable bulk along with the battery supply.

The mini also utilizes a non-standard hose. The bypass system requires the hose and the special masks.

Quote: "Portable and convenient waterless humidification to maximize comfort, capturing a patient’s exhaled heat and moisture with a HumidX humidifier in the mask tube and redelivering it to them."

I don't like the re-breathing humidifier system at all. That alone would probably break the deal for me.

I am curious but not willing to invest until things settle down and more real world info is available.

Jeff
Sleep is worth the effort.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi. Received my Airmini yesterday. Have been a Resmed Autoset 10 user for around 18mo.

It is very small. Brilliantly small. Unique hose and power connections. The whole pack is tiny for travellers and taking up bedside space. Only 20w is fantastic for my off grid holiday home where I am running the autoset off a deep cycle batterycharged by a 130w solar panel. However they have yet to make a 12v power supply adapter for the Airmini - I do think it is coming. 

I was surprised to find that you have to buy the HumidX pods for replacement at least every 30 days. Still they are not overly expensive.  And I hate filling water tanks!

Worst part - it is very loud at the humidx point right under the chin (using the p10).  I'm not at all used to that coming from the Autoset / NP. Hope I can get used to it and it doesn't disturb my partner - as I mainly use the machine for her peace at night  Thinking-about

The app works well. Happy to answer any queries.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Airmini noise question sfr79 38 20,290 03-20-2024, 09:22 PM
Last Post: Blausser
  Medicare Providers for Airmini Supplies knitsafghans 4 155 03-15-2024, 11:07 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Is the AirMini worth it vs. AirSense 11 labrat 10 925 02-22-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Jogreentree
  Connect Medistrom Pilot 12 Plus to Airsense 11 and Airmini? ICS55 2 308 02-18-2024, 11:10 PM
Last Post: ICS55
  [CPAP] Resmed airmini noise NYKP44 0 360 02-09-2024, 01:27 PM
Last Post: NYKP44
  AirMini with Oxygen darral.freund 2 924 02-08-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: darral.freund
  AirMini and Medicare (USA) bwilson4web 0 251 02-01-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: bwilson4web

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.