Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] ResMed AirMini™
RE: ResMed AirMini™
I noticed it being incredibly loud at the humidex connection as well. I was kind of surprised Resmed let it out the door that loud.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-16-2017, 06:39 AM)Little Wing Wrote:
(05-12-2017, 06:05 AM)lab rat Wrote: It means that those are the masks Resmed is moving forward with.

They really need to discontinue the old ones in my opinion. Who uses the Swift FX nowadays?

I do! It's the most compact, road-worthy mask I've found. I am in hotels 3-4 nights a week, every week, and have had only one failure--the rigid elbow interface between the pillow and hose broke. I now remove the pillow from the elbow when packing the mask up and haven't had a breakage since. 

The headgear, pillow and hose (the mask component one) all pack into a small bag about the size of a quart-size ziplock bag about 1.25" thick.  

The Airfit P10 is substantially more fragile, I don't have much confidence in its crush resistance.

I've been traveling with the Airfit P10 75 to 100 nights a year for over 3 years - ever since it first came out - shoved into my often overstuffed roll aboard in a small velour bag, and haven't had one break or get crushed yet. Of course, I probably just jinxed myself ...
Post Reply Post Reply
Can the Airmini produce a hardcopy compliance report?

I am a airline pilot.  The FAA requires a hardcopy CPAP compliance report every six months.  Can the Airmini produce a compliance report acceptable by the FAA?

I consulted the Resmed website.  The website said to refer to my equipment provider.

My Equipment Provider said they cannot communicate with the Airmini over the internet.  The provider said the Resmed Rescan PC program has a DOT Compliance Report, but the Airmini machine will not communicate with the PC resident software, Rescan.  The Equipment Provider called Resmed for support.  Resmed never responded.

I called the Resmed 800 number, they referred me to the website.

I wrote to Resmed.  Resmed never responded.

It seems a "travel" CPAP would be ideal for DOT workers, truck drivers, pilots and the like.  It's a wonder why procedures to produce a compliance report was never considered; a report every other Resmed CPAP product supports.

Can the Resmed Airmini produced a Department of Transportation Compliance Report?
Post Reply Post Reply
I am in the same position as you socalchatname.   I'm looking into travel machines as a pilot but the info available on the websites for all travel machines is lacking.  I'm trying to visit a sales centre next week for some more answers.  It shouldnt have been too hard to install a microSD card slot or cable to interface with computer (I think the Z1 has this). I really don't want to be carrying my main machine around all the time when it takes up a quarter of my bag.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have a new ResMed Air Mini. I need to change the pressure setting; how do I do that?

Thanks,
Harry
Post Reply Post Reply
See these two threads:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...airmini%22

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...airmini%22
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-29-2017, 01:14 PM)socalchatname714 Wrote: Can the Airmini produce a hardcopy compliance report?

socalchatname714

I don't know about the Airmini but the DreamStation Go does have a microSD slot and I have had no problems downloading reports to SleepyHead. The Go is larger than the AirMini but does not require a separate AC power supply. You can use any mask with it but as of this time the Go has no humidification system. From the info I have seen on this forum the AirMini might be noisier. The Go does make more noise than my Resmed 10. The battery pack for the Go is very nice but does add to the bulk.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-29-2017, 04:42 PM)Samelia Wrote: I am in the same position as you socalchatname.   I'm looking into travel machines as a pilot but the info available on the websites for all travel machines is lacking.  I'm trying to visit a sales centre next week for some more answers.  It shouldnt have been too hard to install a microSD card slot or cable to interface with computer (I think the Z1 has this). I really don't want to be carrying my main machine around all the time when it takes up a quarter of my bag.

I purchased the DreamStation Go Auto a few weeks ago and have logged 8 nights of use. My numbers were actually a bit better with this verses the home DreamStation unit. I'm using a Respironics Dreamwear with Nasal Cushion.

I have promised a more detailed write up and will get that together this week but in short my expectations have been vastly exceeded. It's a bit louder but not terrible as I use ear plugs anyway. I actually prefer the action of the unit as it responds a bit faster to your breath. The downside is no humidifier as of yet but the Respironics rep told me one is in the works. It's sized great and packs quickly. I'm also a pilot and had trepidations but am relieved after my initial experiences with this unit. It's SD mini equipped and works with SleepyHead.

Hope this helps before you buy.

GuppyDRV
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-22-2017, 04:46 PM)Studio1 Wrote: Hi. Received my Airmini yesterday. Have been a Resmed Autoset 10 user for around 18mo.

It is very small. Brilliantly small. Unique hose and power connections. The whole pack is tiny for travellers and taking up bedside space. Only 20w is fantastic for my off grid holiday home where I am running the autoset off a deep cycle batterycharged by a 130w solar panel. However they have yet to make a 12v power supply adapter for the Airmini - I do think it is coming. 

I was surprised to find that you have to buy the HumidX pods for replacement at least every 30 days. Still they are not overly expensive.  And I hate filling water tanks!

Worst part - it is very loud at the humidx point right under the chin (using the p10).  I'm not at all used to that coming from the Autoset / NP. Hope I can get used to it and it doesn't disturb my partner - as I mainly use the machine for her peace at night  Thinking-about

The app works well. Happy to answer any queries.

What have you noticed about pressure setting differences, if any between the A10 and the Mini?  Do you use the same setting?
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-16-2017, 03:56 PM)GeoffD Wrote:
(05-16-2017, 11:33 AM)WakeUpTime Wrote: Just read this...

The AirMini™ is compatible only with the following masks: AirFit™ P10 Setup Pack for AirMini™,
AirFit™ N20, AirFit™ F20 and the new AirTouch™ F20.
Note: The standard AirFit™ P10 will not work with the AirMini™.

I would imagine that you could hack up a "P10 for AirMini" hose between the in-line humidifier and the mask and splice in any other nasal pillow mask.

I wonder, I saw on Commercial Link Removed. Supplier #1 that you can buy the air-mini without mask, if you have a Airfit F-20 (Fullface). You have to buy a Airfit F-20 Setup Pack (and have the F-20 already) for US 39,-. If you can adjust to the normal F-20, could it also be possible to adjust to any mask with same Setup Pack????

I am using the Airsense 10 Autoset, and therefore I have a F-20 and I probably will buy for travelling the Air mini with this setup set and try a Swift FX Pillow mask with it.. Do you think it will work?

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed

To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites.  This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.

-----
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Airmini noise question sfr79 38 20,256 03-20-2024, 09:22 PM
Last Post: Blausser
  Medicare Providers for Airmini Supplies knitsafghans 4 148 03-15-2024, 11:07 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Is the AirMini worth it vs. AirSense 11 labrat 10 909 02-22-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Jogreentree
  Connect Medistrom Pilot 12 Plus to Airsense 11 and Airmini? ICS55 2 306 02-18-2024, 11:10 PM
Last Post: ICS55
  [CPAP] Resmed airmini noise NYKP44 0 356 02-09-2024, 01:27 PM
Last Post: NYKP44
  AirMini with Oxygen darral.freund 2 918 02-08-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: darral.freund
  AirMini and Medicare (USA) bwilson4web 0 250 02-01-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: bwilson4web

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.