Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] ResMed AirSense 10 Auto versus Respironics System One REMStar 60 Series Auto
RE: ResMed AirSense 10 Auto versus Respironics System One REMStar 60 Series Auto
(08-29-2015, 10:47 AM)DocWils Wrote:
(08-28-2015, 07:15 PM)swaziman Wrote: I think Respironics are just about to release a new machine to replace the 60 series. A Dream something or other. It looks good from what I've seen. May be worth waiting until that's out?

And would you mind posting a link to where you have seen it?

Philips Respironics DreamStation

Auto

Coming Soon. This will be the answer to the ResMed AirSense series and will replace the current 60 series platform.

Coming Soon

This is the only thing found on it and its from an online website that sales cpap machines .One eight hundred cpap is a hint .

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed AirSense 10 Auto versus Respironics System One REMStar 60 Series Auto
(08-28-2015, 07:15 PM)swaziman Wrote: I think Respironics are just about to release a new machine to replace the 60 series. A Dream something or other. It looks good from what I've seen. May be worth waiting until that's out?

I'd say not to wait for a new model. I see nearly zero chance it's got some quantum improvement over the PRS1 models. SleepyHead probably won't work for it immediately. You generally don't want version 1.0 of anything.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-29-2015, 01:52 PM)DocWils Wrote: Had a look at the Dreamstation's manual (managed to get a draft copy) but I can find no other literature from Philips - their website, even in the Nederland does not acknowledge the existence of it, although it is as of mid July for sale. Colour - a palid, rather disturbing white, smaller and longer than the old System One design, not much else - the manual does not indicate much to tell me of nay real improvements over the last PRS60, except the screen and knob have been moved to the front and the screen is now colour, but looks rather unhelpful in comparison to the System One screens.

Thanks for the info. Any indication about it still using an SD card? Built in wireless like A10's? Detachable humidifier? (Why can I never type humidifier correctly the first time?) Separate power brick? Data capability?

Have they finally ditched the brick models?

Hey, that would be a great soundbyte. "Ditch the Brick!!!"
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
All of the above. WiFi modem, Bluetooth, SD card (hidden inside the case with the filter, so you don't have an easy time to get at it, as far as I could tell) detachable humidifier (both standard and heated hose types separate, like in the PRS models), same data capabilities, separate power brick - this is more a cosmetic remake than a giant leap, so far as I can see, to keep up with ResMed. Smaller, lighter, noise output around the same, same utter lack of aesthetics as before, only now they try to make it look like an Apple's lack of aesthetics instead of a PC's, back in the '90's, so go fig....
Post Reply Post Reply
Wife uses the 550 system one auto. No trouble with it. Getting her a hybernite hose to use thid winter with it.
Mine is the series sixty auto 560. Came with the heated hose. If you get one insist on the heated hose. Trust me on this.
Can run auto or cpap. Has auto trial, cpap chk, mask fit test, auto on, auto off and other bells and whistles.
Never tried turning it upside down but its been tilted alot of times with water in it . Never hurt it. Wife jerked hers onto the floor few times . No water damage.
And according to the Respironics tech in Pa where they make em they can run off a plain modified sine wave generator with no inverter or filter with no problem.
Like mine really well.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Everyone,

I finished a trial with the Resmed Airsense 10 Auto for a month. Due to price I ended up settling for the REMstar Auto System One 60 Series with Heated Tube Humidifier.

After having used both machines, I could not be happier with the REMstar Auto System One 60 Series with Heated Tube Humidifier.

I have had an amazing first two nights sleep, and I feel the machine is calibrated just right for me. I have it on APAP in the range from 8-14.

The last two nights I have slept right through for more then 8 hours, and I couldn't be happier.

The Resmed when I trialled it did feel very modern and sleek, and I did feel ok with it, but I just feel the REMstar Auto System One 60 is better suited to me. Maybe it is just a placebo effect because the machine is mine hehe.

Anyway, I just wanted to share my experience.

Best wishes from Sydney Australia. Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the Forum Leopold,
Good luck with your machine.
I've never tried the ResMed line, and have only used the PR APAP that I have been using now for almost 18 months. I've never had any problems with it. It isn't real pretty, but it runs great!
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the forum Leopold, glad the new machine is working out well for you!
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply
I have the Respironics RemStar System One 60 machine w/ matching humidifier and heated hose. I'm new to CPAP and have had the machine "rent to own" since December. It is a good, solid well - built machine, but it's heavy, bulky to travel with, and pretty unattractive. The water chamber is relatively easy to fill and clean, I use an old toothbrush and Ivory dish soap on all my hoses, masks and accessories (Tip - place thumb tightly over the electronic end of the heated hose to seal it from water when washing!) Carefully dump water out from the electronic plug end only, pointing down and being careful not to get water in the connection.

I was also upset to find out I need to buy a bluetooth modem to get feedback on the DreamMapper app,even though my unit has a big sticker saying I can use the app, so I don't get really good data on my current machine, other that AHI and Large Leaks. My provider was clueless about selling me a Bluetooth enabled modem. So watch out for that!

I have been researching travel machines for a month now and am really super interested in the ResMed Airsense 10 for Her. Gets great reviews, but I haven't physically tried one. There are lots of great comments on this site, however.

My provider will swap my current machine for a Philips Respironics DreamStation this week. That is supposed to be lighter and quieter than my current model. They don't carry the ResMed machines, so I can't get that one unless I buy it outright.

I would try to find a brick and mortar location that carries both, so you can check them out before committing. They should be able to give you info on patient experiences too.

As far as the "auto", my respiratory tech told me the System One machine I have is "Auto" until they set it to my prescribed pressure. So if your doctor wants you at a certain pressure, the Auto is supposedly not a big deal. I'm sure one of the members can correct me if I'm wrong though!

I'll post an update after I receive the Dream Station.

Happy Sleeping!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 19 358 1 hour ago
Last Post: Pawpri
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 69 25,719 Yesterday, 05:18 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,604 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,034 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 613 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 352,063 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,599 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.