Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet
Wink 
ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet
I have a ResMed AutoSet AirSense 10. It is equipped inside with a modem. I would like to set up the device to my network at home and save files on my NAS. Does anyone know how to activate the AirSense 10? Should there be any adapter. Would be glad if anybody could help me.
Hans from Sweden[/size][/font]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet
I'm not so sure the modem is the proper device you are wanting. The AS10's modem is used more like a cell phone connection as opposed a wireless network device. If you wish to connect to your AS10, I would suggest you get a wireless SD card and employ Sleep Master wireless downloading software along with Sleepyhead. Sleep Master lists compatible SD cards on his website. ResScan wants to read from the SD card but Sleepyhead is more flexible as to where the data is stored.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Hasse,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more responses to your post and much success to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-02-2015, 04:09 AM)Hasse Wrote: I have a ResMed AutoSet AirSense 10. It is equipped inside with a modem. I would like to set up the device to my network at home and save files on my NAS. Does anyone know how to activate the AirSense 10? Should there be any adapter. Would be glad if anybody could help me.
Hans from Sweden[/size][/font]

Hasse,
Welcome to the forum,
Basically it's not really a modem, more of a wifi approach, you go to Resmed web site and set up a myAir account (should have been instruction that came with your equipment ) needs your e-mail account and the numbers off the back of your machine,
anyhow it's a very plain look see and some simple stat's on how your night went (very basic).
I would suggest you also set yourself up with Sleepyhead or Remeds Software you see more detail graphs on your treatment. You'll find what you need at the top of our forums home page.
Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-02-2015, 04:36 PM)Mr. Van Winkle Wrote: Hasse,
Welcome to the forum,
Basically it's not really a modem, more of a wifi approach, you go to Resmed web site and set up a myAir account (should have been instruction that came with your equipment ) needs your e-mail account and the numbers off the back of your machine,

My supplier told me that it was actually a cell phone connection. They cover the charges and that's presumably amortized into the price.

Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply
(02-02-2015, 06:16 PM)eseedhouse Wrote:
(02-02-2015, 04:36 PM)Mr. Van Winkle Wrote: Hasse,
Welcome to the forum,

My supplier told me that it was actually a cell phone connection. They cover the charges and that's presumably amortized into the price.

Mine is done via WiFi through e-mail not my cell phone, Info is sent to there web site and you access though there on your account.
so no cell phone connection. This is from there site - Take your new beginning in great sleep to the next level with myAir™, an exclusive feature available to AirSense™ 10 and AirCurve™ 10 users. This easy-to-use web program syncs up with your CPAP machine to let you know how you slept the night before, and helps you stay on track throughout your sleep apnea treatment journey.
Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-02-2015, 07:05 PM)Mr. Van Winkle Wrote:
(02-02-2015, 06:16 PM)eseedhouse Wrote: My supplier told me that it was actually a cell phone connection. They cover the charges and that's presumably amortized into the price.

Mine is done via WiFi through e-mail not my cell phone,

I know for a fact that it isn't using any wifi connection in my neighbourhood. My own wifi router is password protected and the Resmed machine does not have that password.

I go out of my way to make sure my wifi router is fully encrypted. No one can access it without knowing the password or cracking the encryption. A Resmed XPAP ain't going to crack that.

There are no unencrypted signals in the area - I check frequently.

So it simply can't be using "Wifi".

It seems more likely to me that you don't understand what wifi is and how it works. No shame in that, because everyone can't be a great big Geek like me.

There are, on the other hand, plenty of cell phone signals of good strength in my neighbourhood.

Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Post Reply Post Reply
(02-02-2015, 09:25 PM)eseedhouse Wrote:
(02-02-2015, 07:05 PM)Mr. Van Winkle Wrote:
(02-02-2015, 06:16 PM)eseedhouse Wrote: My supplier told me that it was actually a cell phone connection. They cover the charges and that's presumably amortized into the price.

Mine is done via WiFi through e-mail not my cell phone,

I know for a fact that it isn't using any wifi connection in my neighbourhood. My own wifi router is password protected and the Resmed machine does not have that password.

I go out of my way to make sure my wifi router is fully encrypted. No one can access it without knowing the password or cracking the encryption. A Resmed XPAP ain't going to crack that.

There are no unencrypted signals in the area - I check frequently.

So it simply can't be using "Wifi".

It seems more likely to me that you don't understand what wifi is and how it works. No shame in that, because everyone can't be a great big Geek like me.

There are, on the other hand, plenty of cell phone signals of good strength in my neighbourhood.

How about if I say its Web based?, I get my data through myAir, I use the computer or smart phone and log on the there web site, and yes it does send it wireless via Cellular Not Wifi , sorry for the technical confusion.
So sorry I'm not as Geeky as you are!
Sleep Well!
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-02-2015, 09:41 PM)Mr. Van Winkle Wrote: How about if I say its Web based?, I get my data through myAir, I use the computer or smart phone and log on the there web site, and yes it does send it wireless via Cellular Not Wifi , sorry for the technical confusion.
Not a problem and the above is correct. The machine uses a built in cell phone to send it's data to Resmed's server and you use a web browser to see the data.

Quote:So sorry I'm not as Geeky as you are!

Well it might be argued that there's no need for you to be sorry about not sharing my own social ineptness. Shy

Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Post Reply Post Reply
What happens when I travel abroad with this device, e.g. on a cruise ship? Any need to turn it on airplane mode? I guess if it can't connect to any carriers then the data won't get sent to the cloud until I'm back home...? Will it store all the data onto the SD card until that point? Just got my AutoSet three days ago and am already loving it Smile
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 29 522 31 minutes ago
Last Post: Pawpri
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 70 25,869 Yesterday, 11:41 AM
Last Post: her.suit
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 125 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 845 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 2 169 03-21-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: jed3
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 621 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,646 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.