Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet: Mask Type & Data Recording
ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet: Mask Type & Data Recording
I've been using the Pillows setting on the ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet. All has gone well and data is recorded.

Last night instead of the DreamWear pillows mask I wanted to try out a spare Full Face Mask. I changed the Mask setting to Full face. I slept fairly well. I woke up a few times and used my pulse oximeter. The values were 97%-99% which is really good for me. However, no data was recorded on the SD card. Neither SleepyHead or myAir sees any data for last night.

I looked at the Clinician's Manual for the machine. There is a place in the Clinician menus to change mask setting. Do I need to go in there an change it there too? Do both the User and Clinician settings need to be changed when I switch masks?

Thanks ...
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet: Mask Type & Data Recording
No you don't have to change both settings. Changing from either Clinician or users options will do the same thing.
Check your SD card and make sure the tab on the side is not in the locked position.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-30-2017, 01:02 PM)Walla Walla Wrote: No you don't have to change both settings. Changing from either Clinician or users options will do the same thing.
Check your SD card and make sure the tab on the side is not in the locked position.

I checked the tab on the SD card, it is unlocked. I will double check it tonight.

It doesn't make sense that both settings would need to be changed. Tonight I'll use the Dreamwear cushions and I'll make sure the Mask Type in the User menu is set to Pillows.

Thanks for the reply.
Post Reply Post Reply
Last night I used the nasal cushions with the DreamWear headset rather than the full-face mask. All went well. Data was recorded on the SD card and beamed to the mothership (myAir).

I can't continue to fiddle around with the full-face mask until I know that data will be recorded. There are a compliance issues when the data is not recorded. So, I think I'll ask the RT about the situation next week.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use the AirSense 10 AutoSet and have switched back and forth between pillows and full face several times lately. I just change the mask type in the user menu (the clinician menu reflects the change so no need to do both) and the machine continued to record data just fine. I would certainly bring it up to your tech as what your machine is doing does not seem to be normal based on how mine works.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-01-2017, 02:15 PM)SWsabre Wrote: I use the AirSense 10 AutoSet and have switched back and forth between pillows and full face several times lately. I just change the mask type in the user menu (the clinician menu reflects the change so no need to do both) and the machine continued to record data just fine. I would certainly bring it up to your tech as what your machine is doing does not seem to be normal based on how mine works.

Thanks!

When I change the User setting to "full-face" the Clinician setting stays at "pillows." 

It will be nice to get this problem solved because I want to compare my "full-face" data to my "pillows" data.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just checked again. The user and clinician settings both said full face. I changed the user setting to pillows, went back into the clinician settings and it too now said pillows. Changed the user back to full face, checked the clinician and it too was back on full face. I hate to say it but it seems like your machine might have an issue, it sure does not seem to work like mine as far as the mask settings and the "selective" data recording.
Post Reply Post Reply
Notify your RT and DME. The machine has a 2 year warranty.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 6 465 42 minutes ago
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Oscar not recording CSR and RE with Aircurve 10 Vauto rmfisher132 1 66 Yesterday, 04:33 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 24,915 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
  ResMed S9 AutoSet and OSCAR - Help Appreciated Slippy 12 406 03-16-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: Slippy
  Airsense 10 not recording data Guajiro 3 118 03-11-2024, 07:02 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 67 25,317 03-10-2024, 06:54 PM
Last Post: mikekowalski
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 180 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.