Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] ResMed AirSense 10 broken on-off switch
RE: ResMed AirSense 10 broken on-off switch
WOW, what an incredible set of responses, blows me away! Thank you all for your responses!

Unfortunately, the machine has gone lights out, not sure if it is the power supply, an internal fuse, or absence of the wireless board connector. When I disassembled the unit, I found the power switch had become jammed in its own housing, and once it was freed, it now appears to function perfectly based on the faint microswitch sound and feel. But when I plugged it in, it stayed on a minute, then powered off, not to be restarted. Any ideas?

rem52, I will give smartstart a try, and that will resolve another issue with getting up to turn on the blower when ready. Thank you.

sdb7802, I recognize the part, and hope that I do not have to try to replace it. I've had some experience replacing parts on a tight printed circuit board, and replacing the part is a skill I've not yet mastered, with not damaging the board with heat from the soldering iron, and getting the holes clear enough to get a new part in. I too am a x ham and ee by training.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome, Koshari

I'd check the input voltages from the power supply.

(click pics to expand)
Just my personal opinion.  My posts are not medical advice or a statement of fact.  Please consult a qualified physician or other qualified medical personnel.  Please comply with all applicable laws, codes, regulations, and protocols.
Post Reply Post Reply
My Airsense 10 power switch failed last night, too, so I Googled the problem. Obviously, this and many other forums and threads surfaced. I read dozens of these posts, and was perplexed by the omission and/or futility of the most obvious solution to try first: Call your DME supplier.

I phoned my supplier, got a live person within three rings, was told to "Bring it in and we'll give you a new unit". Key words: "New" and "Give". Within 25 minutes including my driving time, I was back home with a new unit ... free ... and a fresh 24-month warranty. (The new unit's switch feels more robust.)

Obviously my unit was under warranty; it was about 20 months old. But had it been out of warranty, Medicare would have covered any and all expenses for repair or replacement (assuming no negligence on my part.)

Apparently most of the folks here fall into one or more of these four groups:
1. No health care insurance.
2. Lousy service from your DME supplier.
3. Misunderstanding (at one end or the other) of the meaning of the word, "warranty". It's pretty clear: within the first 24 months, Resmed must replace or repair your normally-used CPAP. No $250 fee and no months of gasping for air.
4. You just LOVE to tinker.

About #2: I left my former supplier* when it took me months of phone calls and written correspondence just to get a new face mask from them ... and even then they would not fit it to me (a snotty, "Just strap it on."). Vote with your feet.

* I tied to tell them they were fired. I even suggested that whomever reads my emails would be well advised to start looking for a new job, because his entire U.S. DME supplier network will soon be out of business because of its AWFUL nationwide service. Then I tried for over a year to impress upon them that their robocalls were useless, that I had moved on. I finally found the well-hidden phone number for their local dealer, called it, and got the national robocall recording.

Buh-BYE.

It took me far more time to type this than it did to identify my problem, divine solutions on the 'net, scrap them, call and visit my supplier, have them program the new unit for my medical needs and personal preferences, and plug my new and newly warranted CPAP back in.

Z-Z-Z-Z-Z-Z-Z-Z-Z
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-22-2016, 05:43 PM)sdb7802 Wrote: google "mouser B3F-3125" for the part; it's $0.70.

I'd momentarily short the switch contact pads (red arrows in 3rd pic) to see if the blower will start.

I completely realize that this is a four year old post, but I wanted to let you know that your post saved me $600. From your information,  I was able to diagnose and repair my cpap by myself.  Saved me $600 for a new machine or $300 which I was quoted to replace a 70 cent switch. Thanks to you, I'll be sleeping soundly tonight!!
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-22-2016, 05:43 PM)sdb7802 Wrote: google "mouser B3F-3125" for the part; it's $0.70.

I'd momentarily short the switch contact pads (red arrows in 3rd pic) to see if the blower will start.
Another "I know it's an old thread, but thank you" here!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 25 459 36 minutes ago
Last Post: Old Steve
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 70 25,811 6 hours ago
Last Post: her.suit
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 619 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,617 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 25,806 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 228 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,185 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.