Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: unsure
Humidifier: unsure
CPAP Pressure: 14
CPAP Software: Not using software

Other Comments:

Sex: Male

RE: ResMed AirSense 10 broken on-off switch
WOW, what an incredible set of responses, blows me away! Thank you all for your responses!

Unfortunately, the machine has gone lights out, not sure if it is the power supply, an internal fuse, or absence of the wireless board connector. When I disassembled the unit, I found the power switch had become jammed in its own housing, and once it was freed, it now appears to function perfectly based on the faint microswitch sound and feel. But when I plugged it in, it stayed on a minute, then powered off, not to be restarted. Any ideas?

rem52, I will give smartstart a try, and that will resolve another issue with getting up to turn on the blower when ready. Thank you.

sdb7802, I recognize the part, and hope that I do not have to try to replace it. I've had some experience replacing parts on a tight printed circuit board, and replacing the part is a skill I've not yet mastered, with not damaging the board with heat from the soldering iron, and getting the holes clear enough to get a new part in. I too am a x ham and ee by training.
06-23-2016 03:03 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
sdb7802 Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: PR DreamStation Auto
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: ResMed AirFit P10
Humidifier: built-in with heated hose
CPAP Pressure: 9.5-14 C-Flex 3
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Retired Electrical Engineer; began using cpap in 2001; FlashAir wifi card and FlashPAP app

Welcome, Koshari

I'd check the input voltages from the power supply.

(click pics to expand)

Just my personal opinion. My posts are not medical advice or a statement of fact. Please consult a qualified physician or other qualified medical personnel. Please comply with all applicable laws, codes, regulations, and protocols.
(This post was last modified: 06-23-2016 04:53 PM by sdb7802.)
06-23-2016 04:51 PM
Insomniac II Offline

New Members

Machine: ResMed Airsense 10
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: Fisher & Paykel Simplus
Humidifier: ResMed Airsense 10
CPAP Pressure: 10
CPAP Software: Not using software

Other Comments:

My Airsense 10 power switch failed last night, too, so I Googled the problem. Obviously, this and many other forums and threads surfaced. I read dozens of these posts, and was perplexed by the omission and/or futility of the most obvious solution to try first: Call your DME supplier.

I phoned my supplier, got a live person within three rings, was told to "Bring it in and we'll give you a new unit". Key words: "New" and "Give". Within 25 minutes including my driving time, I was back home with a new unit ... free ... and a fresh 24-month warranty. (The new unit's switch feels more robust.)

Obviously my unit was under warranty; it was about 20 months old. But had it been out of warranty, Medicare would have covered any and all expenses for repair or replacement (assuming no negligence on my part.)

Apparently most of the folks here fall into one or more of these four groups:
1. No health care insurance.
2. Lousy service from your DME supplier.
3. Misunderstanding (at one end or the other) of the meaning of the word, "warranty". It's pretty clear: within the first 24 months, Resmed must replace or repair your normally-used CPAP. No $250 fee and no months of gasping for air.
4. You just LOVE to tinker.

About #2: I left my former supplier* when it took me months of phone calls and written correspondence just to get a new face mask from them ... and even then they would not fit it to me (a snotty, "Just strap it on."). Vote with your feet.

* I tied to tell them they were fired. I even suggested that whomever reads my emails would be well advised to start looking for a new job, because his entire U.S. DME supplier network will soon be out of business because of its AWFUL nationwide service. Then I tried for over a year to impress upon them that their robocalls were useless, that I had moved on. I finally found the well-hidden phone number for their local dealer, called it, and got the national robocall recording.

Buh-BYE.

It took me far more time to type this than it did to identify my problem, divine solutions on the 'net, scrap them, call and visit my supplier, have them program the new unit for my medical needs and personal preferences, and plug my new and newly warranted CPAP back in.

Z-Z-Z-Z-Z-Z-Z-Z-Z
11-07-2016 05:19 PM

Donate to Apnea Board

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Question ResMed AirSense 10 Badjo17 26 2,384 Yesterday 09:30 AM
Last Post: Arnie51
  Is this sound normal? - Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset Ronberta 8 1,228 11-29-2016 07:59 PM
Last Post: sonicboom
  [Equipment] ResMed Airsense 10 Quit Working SherrieR 4 232 11-26-2016 07:51 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
Angry Resmed Airsense/Telstra 2G wireless kerput JamesW 2 199 11-24-2016 11:08 PM
Last Post: JamesW
  ResMed Airsense 10 Auto Set...Runaway Pressure Abnormal86 14 527 11-22-2016 11:39 PM
Last Post: sonicboom
  [Pressure] new airsense 10 new at this abrun7 7 493 11-19-2016 02:12 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  [CPAP] ResMed AirSense 10 makes loud noise when inhaling. sanger 86 30,045 11-17-2016 09:14 PM
Last Post: comphelp