Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] ResMed AirSense 10 warranty impact of changing SD card
ResMed AirSense 10 warranty impact of changing SD card
The ResMed warranty says, in part "...the warranty does not cover any damage caused as a result of... modification or alteration of the product."

Does replacing the SD card in an AirSense 10 AutoSet for example constitute a "modification or alteration" of the product?

Has anyone had difficulty getting their ResMed APAP machine repaired under warranty because they replaced the ResMed SD card with, say, a wifi SD card?

Thanks.

--aenpa

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed AirSense 10 warranty impact of changing SD card
In 4 years on Apnea Board, I haven't heard of anyone running into warranty problems because they swapped out the SD card. It's a consumable item, just like the filter or the humidifier chamber. If you want to be safe, you can put the original away in a safe place, and put it back if you need to send your machine back for warranty service. There is no way to detect if you've changed SD cards other than by looking at the label.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-12-2016, 12:11 AM)aenpa Wrote: Has anyone had difficulty getting their ResMed APAP machine repaired under warranty because they replaced the ResMed SD card with, say, a wifi SD card?

I sent my Airsense 10 back for warranty repair without the SD card in it. I realized as I was about to hand the machine over that I hadn't copied the data off of it yet, so I just took it out. The machine was replaced under warranty and the replacement included a new SD card. The replacement also came back with a new carrying case, humidifier tank and hose. I ended up with a few new spare parts. I don't think they care if you were using a wifi SD card as long as the SD card slot isn't damaged.
Post Reply Post Reply
They don't care about the SD card. They're talking about if you open up the machine, mess it up, and then send it back to them to repair because you messed it up.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-12-2016, 12:11 AM)aenpa Wrote: The ResMed warranty says, in part "...the warranty does not cover any damage caused as a result of... modification or alteration of the product."

Does replacing the SD card in an AirSense 10 AutoSet for example constitute a "modification or alteration" of the product?

Has anyone had difficulty getting their ResMed APAP machine repaired under warranty because they replaced the ResMed SD card with, say, a wifi SD card?

Thanks.

--aenpa

quite simply, the SD card is not a part of the product.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 22 421 4 minutes ago
Last Post: Pawpri
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 70 25,807 3 hours ago
Last Post: her.suit
  Impact of Resmed P10 on Nostrils ivan007 1 74 03-26-2024, 10:45 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Airsense 11 warranty case labrat 3 187 03-21-2024, 01:29 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 619 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,612 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 25,802 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.