Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters
ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters
Hello all:

Just got my ResMed AirSense 11 today and noticed that in the menu there is an option "search for pulse oximeter" (select search once your oximeter is working and in the pairing mode). 

Anyone tried any Bluetooth pulse oximeter models compatible with AirSense11? Any recommendations on particular models - stability, precision, etc?

thanks in advance!
TT
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters
Called ResMed US hotline and after a short search, I was told that ResMed has not yet developed a native pulse oximeter compatible with AS11, the person was unable to provide any 3rd party compatible BT pulse oximeters, so relying on the community knowledge here.
Post Reply Post Reply
As far as I know, you are the first person to report this option.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The firmware is Log 04600.07.6.0.0/CF 04600.07.03.00/ H fonct 48.3
The screenshots are attached (in french)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Please, for our knowledge what is the specific model number of your AS11 I'm assuming AutoSet. Picture of the label please
Post Reply Post Reply
I have been hammering RedMed, and the answer is always, "you will know when we issue a release."
It is only mentioned in the limited warranty in the S11 manual -- "Oximeters and CPAP and bilevel device oximeter adapters"
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
AirSense 11 AutoSet.
Model number 39480

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
A software update was just pushed out:

Device update 2
Release date:
The week of July 24th
Release #:
SW04600.09.6.2.0
What’s new?
Care Check-In:
Enhancement of the ResMed Care Check-In user experience.
Bluetooth oximetry:
Air11 devices are now compatible with Bluetooth oximetry. Your care provider will contact you if this is applicable to your therapy.

SO the question is WHAT WORKS? There are under $20 oximeters but they likely turn off after a minute.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't know the answer to your question, but since the update rolled out today, I am going to try it with my Wellue O2 Ring.   I will let you know if that works.
Post Reply Post Reply
I would believe it will be a Resmed oximeter and not another brand. The reason is there isn't any standards for the communication protocols for oximeters. This is left up to the oximeter manufacturer to develop them for their device. The Bluetooth connection is a conduit, much like a power cord, and there are a bunch of different configurations of those.

-- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 70 25,749 2 hours ago
Last Post: her.suit
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 21 415 3 hours ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  Pulse oximeter recommendations? p123 15 1,219 03-26-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 616 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,612 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 228 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,179 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.