Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] ResMed AirSense - Is there data storage on the SD card AND in the unit itself?
ResMed AirSense - Is there data storage on the SD card AND in the unit itself?
Hoping for clarification on ResMed Airsense 10 Autosense data collecting/storing capabilities. The descriptions in the manual which are confusing me are on page 28, “Data management and therapy compliance” section….

“Data management and therapy compliance – For therapy compliance management, the AirSense 10 device stores patient data on the device and has the ability to transfer it remotely to the care provider. Data can then be accessed via ResMed’s AirView ™ compliance management solution.

The AirSense 10 device also stores data on the SD card. This data can be transferred via an SD Card Reader to ResMed’s ResScan™ patient management system.”

Questions... Does “stores patient data on the device” and “also stores data on the SD card” mean that my data is not only written onto the card but is also recorded in duplicate on the device, itself? Are these devices like laptops, with data being written on hard drives as onto portable storage, i.e., data cards? If so, any idea what data is collected, how long it is stored? If the card somehow corrupts (like good ol’ floppy disks used to do all the time) can data on the device be accessed?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed AirSense - Is there data storage on the SD card AND in the unit itself?
AirSense 10 stores stores up to 365 days of summary data and write the same on the SD card whenever the card inserted in the A10
Also, on my estimate, A10 SD card (except 'CPAP' model) store 30 days of detailed data and 30 flow data but the card has to be inserted in the A10 otherwise the data is lost (not retrievable) as not stored in the machine memory

You can accesses the data on the screen sleep report but will need to set "Essential" to "Plus" from the clinical menu (default set to "On", shows usage data) To view last night data, will need to set "Period" to "1 Day" (default 1 month, always revert to default whenever machine unplugged) from the sleep report menu

Transfer data remotely is only available in the country of purchase and just basic data is transferred, no detailed data as detailed data only available on the SD card and can be accessed by ResScan or SleepyHead software, you can freely download both software from here http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-P...-and-Links

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed AirSense - Is there data storage on the SD card AND in the unit itself?
(05-06-2016, 04:07 PM)FormerFed Wrote: If the card somehow corrupts (like good ol’ floppy disks used to do all the time) can data on the device be accessed?
To the above question:

Yes, simply put a new SD card in; and the summary data stored in the machine will transfer to the new SD card. Summary data is hours used, AHI, pressure settings. Enough to show your therapy is effective and compliant. You need ResScan or Sleepyhead to read the data on the card.

The internal memory of the machine is the same technology (Flash Memory) used in SD cards.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
justMongo & zonk,
Shazzaam! Smart little critter, this little black ResMed box! Thanks very much for the information. Also, thanks for your directions in another thread about how to get detailed graphs out of ResScan - I really hit a wall trying to get through that puzzle.
Happy weekend wishes to you both.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-06-2016, 04:39 PM)zonk Wrote: Also, on my estimate, A10 SD card (except 'CPAP' model) store 30 days of detailed data and 30 flow data but the card has to be inserted in the A10 otherwise the data is lost (not retrievable) as not stored in the machine memory

the 30 days limit on detailed data was in the s9 line, the air10 doesn't have that limit, (based on my examining air10 data and the documentation in the manual (retention period depends on sd card size).
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-06-2016, 06:26 PM)palerider Wrote:
(05-06-2016, 04:39 PM)zonk Wrote: Also, on my estimate, A10 SD card (except 'CPAP' model) store 30 days of detailed data and 30 flow data but the card has to be inserted in the A10 otherwise the data is lost (not retrievable) as not stored in the machine memory

the 30 days limit on detailed data was in the s9 line, the air10 doesn't have that limit, (based on my examining air10 data and the documentation in the manual (retention period depends on sd card size).
The S9 SD card store 30 days of detailed data but only 7 days of high resolution flow data as explained here http://www.s9morecomfort.com/s9morecomfo...ement.html

ResMed didn't provide similar detailed information for the A10 SD card storage
As I said above, when downloading the data on either ResScan or SleepyHead, there was no detailed data available beyoind the 30 days
I'm not aware that size does matter but I guess mine isn't one of the bigger ones
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-06-2016, 07:30 PM)zonk Wrote:
(05-06-2016, 06:26 PM)palerider Wrote:

The S9 SD card store 30 days of detailed data but only 7 days of high resolution flow data as explained here http://www.s9morecomfort.com/s9morecomfo...ement.html

ResMed didn't provide similar detailed information for the A10 SD card storage
As I said above, when downloading the data on either ResScan or SleepyHead, there was no detailed data available beyoind the 30 days
I'm not aware that size does matter but I guess mine isn't one of the bigger ones

I said nothing about the S9, because, of course, I agreed with your accurate statement about the S9.

however, if you'll check the 'data storage' section of the various Air10 manuals, you'll see that under 'sessions stored', it says "Limited by usage and SD card storage capacity"

and, as I said, some of the data dumps from people with Air10 machines had *months* of *full data* on them.

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-06-2016, 08:12 PM)palerider Wrote: ... , it says "Limited by usage and SD card storage capacity"
I wish they tell us what this actually means in numnbers, the only way to find out, create a new patient file, download the data and count the number of days for detailed data and flow data. I did that and find out 30 days of detailed data and 30 days of flow data, none shows for 31 day except summary and usage

They keep changing things, what the old manual say might not be correct or relevant, unless they keep updating the clinical manual, e.g ...
My A10 AutoSet doesn't report RERAs as the manual says, later models of the AutoSet does report RERAs and some even have a setting (similar to AutoSet for Her mode of the A10 AutoSet for Her) can be set standard or slow (maybe 'slow' isn't the exact word but something similar)
Also the climate control on my machine, when on auto, you cannot play with temp settings but that has changed in later models
Post Reply Post Reply
The A10 has several internal memory chips and their capacity is quite small (<=1MByte) compared to the SD card. What info goes to which chip is kinda hard to say.
Just my personal opinion.  My posts are not medical advice or a statement of fact.  Please consult a qualified physician or other qualified medical personnel.  Please comply with all applicable laws, codes, regulations, and protocols.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-06-2016, 08:40 PM)zonk Wrote:
(05-06-2016, 08:12 PM)palerider Wrote: ... , it says "Limited by usage and SD card storage capacity"
I wish they tell us what this actually means in numnbers, the only way to find out, create a new patient file, download the data and count the number of days for detailed data and flow data. I did that and find out 30 days of detailed data and 30 days of flow data, none shows for 31 day except summary and usage

they can't tell you in numbers without knowing how many hours you use it per day (variable) and the size of the sd card you put in (variable). I suppose they could make a formula with the number of hours of use and the number of days of use and the gigs of the sd card.

while collecting peoples data recently, I had a bunch of card images that had far more than 30 days worth of data.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 6 472 5 hours ago
Last Post: Phaleronic
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 24,929 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
  ResMed 10 Card-to-Cloud: no cellular device NelsonM 20 2,967 03-14-2024, 10:08 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Airsense 10 not recording data Guajiro 3 124 03-11-2024, 07:02 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 67 25,333 03-10-2024, 06:54 PM
Last Post: mikekowalski
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 182 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,015 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.