Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] ResMed AirSense - Is there data storage on the SD card AND in the unit itself?
RE: ResMed AirSense - Is there data storage on the SD card AND in the unit itself?
(05-06-2016, 08:40 PM)zonk Wrote: I wish they tell us what this actually means in numnbers, the only way to find out, create a new patient file, download the data and count the number of days for detailed data and flow data. I did that and find out 30 days of detailed data and 30 days of flow data, none s

Well, I have data from December 2015 to now (there are one or two missed days) and it currently occupies 1.41 Gigabytes, uncompressed, in my Dropbox folder.
Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed AirSense - Is there data storage on the SD card AND in the unit itself?
(05-06-2016, 11:44 PM)eseedhouse Wrote:
(05-06-2016, 08:40 PM)zonk Wrote: I wish they tell us what this actually means in numnbers, the only way to find out, create a new patient file, download the data and count the number of days for detailed data and flow data. I did that and find out 30 days of detailed data and 30 days of flow data, none s

Well, I have data from December 2015 to now (there are one or two missed days) and it currently occupies 1.41 Gigabytes, uncompressed, in my Dropbox folder.
Whenever you have some spare time, please do me a favour if you can, create a new patient file, download the data from the SD card, and see how many days shows for detailed data and high resolution flow data, so we can put this to bed
You can always deleted it afterwards

Coffee

Post Reply Post Reply
or, just go into the DATALOG directory and see how far back complete sessions are saved.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-07-2016, 11:14 AM)palerider Wrote: or, just go into the DATALOG directory and see how far back complete sessions are saved.
Thanks but this computer illiterate have no idea of this kind of stuff
I need someone who uses AirSense 10 AutoSet to do the experiment and report back
I can do it all day and still end up with 30 days of both detailed data and flow data and only summary data shows after that

Post Reply Post Reply
the question would be whether it's an arbitrary limit set in the reporting software you're using, or whether the data is there.

the structure in the DATALOG directory is pretty simple, and that's where the detailed and highrate flow/pressure data is stored.

if I remember right, it's stored by day, and then session files under that.... if you look at a couple days that are recent, and then look at older days, you can pretty easily tell if any of the files that are found in the recently dated folders are also in the older folders.... that's the real test of whether the machine is deleting data from the card the way the s9 machines did, or not.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-06-2016, 04:39 PM)zonk Wrote: AirSense 10 stores stores up to 365 days of summary data and write the same on the SD card whenever the card inserted in the A10
Also, on my estimate, A10 SD card (except 'CPAP' model) store 30 days of detailed data and 30 flow data but the card has to be inserted in the A10 otherwise the data is lost (not retrievable) as not stored in the machine memory
ResMed say the same thing http://www.resmed.com/epn/en/commercial-...cards.html

How much storage do ResMed’s sleep therapy devices use on the SD card?
It varies depending on the sleep therapy device. For example, on an S9 therapy device a 1GB SD card easily stores 365 days of usage data, 30 days of detailed data, and seven days of high-resolution data. On any AirSense 10 or AirCurve 10 therapy device, you can get up to 365 days of usage data, and 30 days of both detailed and high-resolution data
Post Reply Post Reply
I have been using a ResMed AirSence 10 for 133 days.

I purchased a backup card because I lost my card (found it two days later)

When I put in the new card it wrote all the summery data back to day one; on to the new card.

The detailed data only appears to be saved when the card is in the machine.

I have all the old detailed data on the old card and on my Laptop. However the detailed data for the 2 days I did not have a card in the machine appears to be lost.

see attached Daily View in Sleepy Head report from one of the days the card was not in the machine

2004-Bon Jovi
it'll take more than a doctor to prescribe a remedy

Observations and recommendations communicated here are the perceptions of the writer and should not be misconstrued as medical advice.
Post Reply Post Reply
I asked the question in the Software Support area of "Moving Data from Old Computer" as the old desktop was on life support and I wanted to save my SleepyHead data to the new desktop. Suffice it to say several suggestions were tried with no success. So on the new machine I created a new user and loaded the SD card from my A10. It loaded 360 days of DETAILED data including the flow data.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-09-2016, 07:08 AM)OB-Left Wrote: So on the new machine I created a new user and loaded the SD card from my A10. It loaded 360 days of DETAILED data including the flow data.

that's consistent with what I've observed...

perhaps newer (or older) software changed the retention period?
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm showing no more than 5 megabytes per day data use (with a nap).
The SD card my 'AirSense 10 AutoSet for her' came with had 3.69 gigabytes free.

3690 megabytes/ 5 megabytes per day = 738 days data storage Smile

sorry if this is the wrong thread, but I remember someone asking and wanted to get the answer out there if it hasn't already been answered
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 6 476 7 hours ago
Last Post: Phaleronic
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 24,934 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
  ResMed 10 Card-to-Cloud: no cellular device NelsonM 20 2,967 03-14-2024, 10:08 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Airsense 10 not recording data Guajiro 3 124 03-11-2024, 07:02 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 67 25,337 03-10-2024, 06:54 PM
Last Post: mikekowalski
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 182 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,021 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.