Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Is it possible to fix dry eyes it they are caused by sleep?
Is it possible to fix dry eyes it they are caused by sleep?
My dry eyes are caused by UARS/. I'm now on treatment via BiPAP, but it will take a time to find the right settings

Basically I wake up quite a bit throughout the night, around 5 or 6 times. I can usually get back to sleep. It used to be the case that if I got 10.5 hours of sleep, even if broken, my eyes would feel rested. Any less than that (e.g. 7 or 8) and my eyes would feel dry and heavy. 

But then around last October something happened. No matter how much sleep I got, my eyes always felt tired and dry. 

I'm not sure whether that's because of sleep issue getting worse, allergies or something else. 

The thing is, that I cognitively feel fine and physically do. My only symptom that annoys me seems to be tired eyes.

So obviously I'm seeking to fix the sleep issue, but is there anything I could do to fix it if the cause is sleep? Could some eye drops or something work if the cause if sleep?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Is it possible to fix dry eyes it they are caused by sleep?
There are several conditions that affect the eyes and eyelids (dry-eye, blethritis and others). You can use over-the-counter eye drops and see if it works for you, however if the condition persists, then asking an ophthalmologist may be a better option. There are prescription medications, and treatable chronic conditions that if addressed, can make a big difference in how you feel and your comfort. Do some research on Dry-Eye and see if the remedies suggested online are helpful to you. If you don't find relief, than your doctor may be able to prescribe more effective therapeutics.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
As Sleeprider said, many things affect the eyes.

What helps me with my dry eyes is taking a good quality fish oil / omega every day.
Post Reply Post Reply
I find mask leaks causes dry eyes on full faced masks using a Resmed P10 or a P30i meant any leaks didnt blow in my eyes and solved the issue for me. The other thing I did was wear a sleep mask to stop the leaks drying out my eyes
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Eyes Duncansleeps 17 2,179 04-15-2024, 06:56 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 221 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 251 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Y no photos of mask-caused "sores" on the www? nelsonka 1 391 12-15-2023, 08:54 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  High amount of central apnea caused by OSA? LiaASV 32 2,507 12-04-2023, 10:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Dreamstation 2 vs. Aircurve 10 (Dry, Puffy Eyes) MrIvanDrago 15 1,123 11-09-2023, 03:44 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Cervical collar caused more centrals? Xeros 4 1,115 10-31-2023, 01:58 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.