Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset
Question 
ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset
Hey,

So last night right before bed, i was watching a video that showed me how to get into the clinical menu on my Airsense 10. I tried it, and it worked and I watched a video to get the readings off my S9 (my Doctor made sure both my Philips and S9 had the right settings so I can use one for travel). And I changed the settings.

However, for some reason this morning when I went into the clinical settings to see how well my sleep was (it was not good!) i saw it went to 6 on each for the air pressure. Why would it change without me changing it? This is the first time I went into the clinical menu so maybe I didn't do something right? 

I am also going to be downloading OSCAR and trying to use that to help me manage my sleep apnea better. Is that pretty easy? I'll upload my readings when I figure it out tonight.

EDIT:
61.5 events per hours is what I was at. Which is an improvement, my original sleep test was like 90 something. My overall "myAir Score" was 85/100 b/c I had good usuage and good mask seal.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset
Did you exit a parameter after changing it by pressing the Selector button? Did you select the Exit from the Clinician menu before starting the CPAP?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-25-2021, 12:51 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: #1Did you exit a parameter after changing it by pressing the Selector button? #2 Did you select the Exit from the Clinician menu before starting the CPAP?

#1 ... I am not sure, I might have I was really looking at all the options.

#2: Yes I did!
Post Reply Post Reply
There isn't a set limit on how many times you can go into the clinician menu. Go back and validate your settings. . . we won't tell!
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Question 
Hey Crimson Nape!!

I have a question for you on this machine. So, my understanding is the ones in the USA have a CDMA modem inside it. Is that true? 

If it is, with both T-Mobile/Sprint and Verizon ending CDMA Coverage 100%, does that mean the app will not longer function? Has ResMed announced what if anything they plan on doing, or does some of the newer models now have LTE?
Post Reply Post Reply
That's a good question. I don't have an answer. Your question created another one in my mind. Cell phones are supposed to be able to call 911 even with no cellular account. Will the CDMA signal be maintained for this purpose after it has ended in normal use? I digress......
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
(02-25-2021, 05:22 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: That's a good question.   I don't have an answer. Your question created another one in my mind.   Cell phones are supposed to be able to call 911 even with no cellular account.  Will the CDMA signal be maintained for this purpose after it has ended in normal use?  I digress......

Well ... I actually have an answer for this! Sadly ... no, those phone will not work.  Sad However, the good news is like the majority of customer's for these wireless carrier's don't have just 3G phones any more. They also have 4G LTE modem's.  like If you are one of the customer's who explosively only have a 3G phone, Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile or Sprint would have contacted you. Especially Verizon, because they have already "sunset their CDMA network" for residential customers, from my understanding. They have extended that date for commercial purposes -- like for ADT (the company I work for) and probably ResMed and others. But the date is coming when that will no longer work, as well. From my understanding, it's Feb 2022. That's what my company has been advised to tell our customer's and to have everyone's systems updated to 4G LTE. 

Hopefully that helps! I will google this and see if there are any announcements. I am assuming they did at some point swap over to LTE I just don't know at what point.
Post Reply Post Reply
You were talking about existing customers. You are supposed to be able to connect to 911 with even phones that haven't been in service for years. You would not be a customer of any provider in this case.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
Cool 
Hey,

Yeah, that's true that people who don't currently have service won't be notified about this, but the CDMA tower's are being decommissioned. So it shouldn't work at all. They are doing this to make room for the 5G Expansion, I assume they can only run so many networks and maintain them for so long. This happened about seven years ago or so when 2G went away.
Post Reply Post Reply
FWIW the lack of a cell wireless signal will not affect your PAP saving data to the SD card and use of OSCAR.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 23 442 8 minutes ago
Last Post: Old Steve
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 70 25,808 4 hours ago
Last Post: her.suit
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 114 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 840 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 2 168 03-21-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: jed3
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 619 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,614 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.