Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] ResMed Airsense 10 Elite: Screen Error message
Question 
ResMed Airsense 10 Elite: Screen Error message
I took my SD card to my provider for treatment assessment. After getting back home and re-inserting the card I get this message on the screen.

Attention: Settings not applied, remove SD card and contact care provider.

I used the machine last night and the results appeared on myAir and seemed just fine. There was no data written to the card - which is unlocked.

I guess I have lost all my history?

So, any ideas that I can try before I can can get to my provider?

Thanks.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed Airsense 10 Elite: Screen Error message
(01-31-2015, 09:19 PM)magus Wrote: I took my SD card to my provider for treatment assessment. After getting back home and re-inserting the card I get this message on the screen.

Attention: Settings not applied, remove SD card and contact care provider.

I used the machine last night and the results appeared on myAir and seemed just fine. There was no data written to the card - which is unlocked.

I guess I have lost all my history?

So, any ideas that I can try before I can can get to my provider?

Thanks.

If the provider had a Windows 8 machine there is probably indexing data written to the card which is confusing your machine, which expects only it's own files.

Look for the files left by the indexing and remove them. Be sure to backup all the files on the card first.

Otherwise, if the files look normal, copy them to another drive and delete all the files and folders on the card and insert the now empty card into your machine. It should then copy all it's stored data over to the card. If that fails at least you'll still have the files in your backup disk.
Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi magus,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more responses to your post and much success to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for your replies.

I attach two screen shots of the files on the SD. On one, you will notice that they are 1KB or less in size. I have been using the machine for a month. They all have the same time stamp 15:18, which is when I was at the provider and she had the SD in her machine. I don't know if she has a Win8 computer or not. I have hidden and system files exposed in file manager. I have no idea what the normal file structure would look like.

On the other shot, there is one file called Journal.dat. It has a different time stamp 15:48 - that is around when I got home and put the SD card back into my machine.

I will erase all the files off the SD and see what happens. Cannot be any worse than it is eh?

Post Reply Post Reply
Cool! That did it. I have learned something about this newer technology. Thanks so much. Thanks

I erased the files and re-inserted the empty SD card. The machine initialized the card just fine. To show you the difference in the SD file content now, I attach a shot of part of the same folder as in previous post.

So who knows what happened to cause this in the first place - one of life's mysteries. Could be, I did not put the card in fully or something like it.

And so I now have an idea of the normal file structure. Killed two birds with that one stone of yours eseedhouse - thank you.

I have used a ResMed Elite 8 for years. I am just getting on to the Airsense 10. So far it has been an amazingingly good experience.

Thank you very much.
Post Reply Post Reply
I suggest that whenever you put the SD card into your PC, you backup the entire SD card. Just copy the card into a directory on your PC and then rename that directory to something like 150201 (today's date).

Lots of providers believe in the mushroom theory and figure they're doing the patient a favor by erasing the data to "clean up" the card by erasing it.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-01-2015, 05:23 PM)archangle Wrote: I suggest that whenever you put the SD card into your PC, you backup the entire SD card. Just copy the card into a directory on your PC and then rename that directory to something like 150201 (today's date).

I second the backups. I keep a backup of the SD card in a directory of at least two different disk drives and update them daily. No need to copy the whole drive every day, though, unless you've changed configurations. Otherwise copying the latest data file from the DATALOG sub directory will be fine.

You are doing another backup, of course, when Sleepyhead copies the data files for it's own use. Can't ever have too many backups...
Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 26 491 1 hour ago
Last Post: Pawpri
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 70 25,840 Yesterday, 11:41 AM
Last Post: her.suit
  Not using water in AirSense 10 Elite Nishimark 2 96 03-21-2024, 12:47 AM
Last Post: Nishimark
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 621 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,633 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 25,829 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
  [CPAP] Res Med S9 Elite bikerfriend 3 100 03-14-2024, 09:41 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.