Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] ResMed Airsense 11 battery backup
RE: ResMed Airsense 11 battery backup
(05-14-2022, 08:04 PM)davidgr Wrote: Electrical mystery. First of all, the good news. In my at-home experiment, I have just gotten through 4 nights in a row with my cpap powered by the airmini dc to dc converter and a 100 amp hour deep cycle marine battery. If it lasts another night, the battery will get me through my 5 nights of camping coming up in early June in the Cal Redwoods.

Here's the mystery. If I first attach the clips to the battery and plug the converter into the cpap secondly, the light goes out on the converter and the cpap does not go on. BUT, if I plug the converter into the cpap first, and secondly attach the clips to the battery, the cpap works. Why would that be? (This could be the reason that some folks think the airmini adapter won't work. FYI for you here in this post).

When you connect the converter to the battery first, the output of the converter is at full voltage when you plug it into the CPAP machine, so the CPAP machine gets a nearly instantaneous jolt when you plug it in. That jolt can cause weird situations for digital electronics (and possible shorten their life expectancy).

When you plug the CPAP into the converter first, the instantaneous jolt is absorbed by the converter and the CPAP machine gets a more controlled voltage rise.

In general, it’s better for electronic devices if you connect them to their power adapter before connecting the adapter to the power source.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Suggested Settings Switching AirSense 10 CPAP to AirSense 11 APAP Rickyricardo 2 79 Yesterday, 11:58 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 53 1,459 Yesterday, 05:25 PM
Last Post: Pawpri
  Resmed Airsense 10 time to return to low pressure setting jfchap 3 138 04-13-2024, 03:54 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Equipment] Battery power source for ResMed machine MaskedOne 8 178 04-12-2024, 04:42 PM
Last Post: MaskedOne
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 74 26,999 04-11-2024, 09:33 PM
Last Post: her.suit
  Extremely high CA readings on the ResMed Airsense 11 Soleil211 1 136 04-08-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Tech Nerds-think this battery setup will work for Transcend Micro? johnbrain 10 307 04-02-2024, 11:43 PM
Last Post: johnbrain

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.