Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Trying To Get My Nasal Mask To Work
RE: Trying To Get My Nasal Mask To Work
I originally tried nose pillows and hated them because the irritated badly.

Then I went to a nose mask and had good success for some years, but in the end had to switch over to a full face mask as I tended to become very relaxed in my sleep.

If you are having trouble with the nose mask but not with the FFM then you are probably better off just sticking with it.
- They are not spelling/grammar errors.. I live in Australia, we do it differently Down Under  Big Grin -
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks everyone for the great advice! I tried the P10 and N20 and just cannot get them to work at this time even with my mouth taped and consciously keeping my tongue on the roof of my mouth.. after a little while I wake up with chipmunk cheeks and air trying to escape my mouth. . I guess I just need time practicing keeping my tongue glued to the roof of my mouth. I plan on trying a soft cervical neck collar and chin strap. I also tried the F30 and had leak issues around my nose,it was almost like I needed a bigger mask but they only sell small and medium. The F20 seems to work the best for me at this point in my sleep apnea journey.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think I am also sensitive to pressure fluctuation from the autoset. I already turned my ramp way down to 5 min so I wasn't being bothered by pressure changes. I was just going to say "I guess I just have to get used to it" but it's nice knowing there might be an option! 
So I'm curious as to why it looks like you set the pressures 8/8.6 vs. just turning off autoset?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tech Nerds-think this battery setup will work for Transcend Micro? johnbrain 7 98 1 hour ago
Last Post: johnbrain
  How can I rectify skin breakage from nasal mask? evenflow 2 98 03-20-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Nasal irrigation sleepingbetterinFl 8 320 03-11-2024, 10:50 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  How can I tell if my mouth is open with a nasal mask while I sleep? evenflow 15 1,077 03-08-2024, 09:55 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Mask(s) to use after nasal surgery? Wonderlight 17 4,224 03-08-2024, 05:42 PM
Last Post: DoubtFire61
  Lowenstein Prisma 20A - how can I work out energy usage for camping? JamesD0079 4 625 02-15-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: JamesD0079
  Using DreamWisp Nasal Mask With ResMed AirSense 11 Avign0n323 2 339 01-31-2024, 01:17 PM
Last Post: Avign0n323

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.