Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] ResMed Mini vs Dreamstation Go
ResMed Mini vs Dreamstation Go
I'm debating between the two as I travel a fair bit for work. So far I'm looking at:

- Dreamstation Go is a bit bigger then ResMed Mini
- ResMed Mini has an external power supply whereas Dreamstation Go is all internal?
- ResMed Mini seems to only work with special masks whereas Dreamstation Go works for all masks?

did I miss anything or get anything wrong?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed Mini vs Dreamstation Go
Hi SingerWan

The AirMini has 2 humidification options, and the Go has a batterypack option.

;-> gjw
Post Reply Post Reply
For the most part you are correct.  Just to add:

1. GO has a touchscreen, AirMini does not.  On the AirMini you must use your phone.
  2. GO is 3/4 the size of a Dreamstation with humidifier when battery is attached, BUT there is still no external power supply and you have a battery.
  3. AirMini has an external power supply but it's pretty small.  I don't think it's an issue.  Power supply and plug are one small piece.  
  4. AirMini is very small, it could fit in an airplane seat pocket; GO couldn't. 
  5. GO has no humidification options, AirMini uses humidex.
  6. AirMini is very loud where the humidex connects to the mask.  GO is much quieter.
  7. You get Resmeds autoset algorithm with the AirMini.  
If it wasn't so loud, I would go AirMini because I think Resmed has a better algorithm, and the size is awesome.  Either way, I'll be waiting for a bilevel/ASV version.
Post Reply Post Reply
The DS Go has a humidifier on the way..
Post Reply Post Reply
and for me the most important, after testing air mini:
- there is no sd-card, or micro sd-card on the air mini, so you can not use sleepyhead....
there is a android app for your smartphone, which is very poor and not meaningfull ....
and the air mini  system is very loud (ventilation system) compared with an airsense 10 auto

Dreamstation Go should have micro-sd to use with sleepyhead
Post Reply Post Reply
I am informed that by the end of the year you should be able to download compliance data from the AirMini, not sure how though.
Post Reply Post Reply
UNLESS RESMED fixes the noise issue on the AIRMINI, I would strongly recommend you go the other direction!
Post Reply Post Reply
What's really important is that the Resmed mini "does not have a battery". I can't see how that makes it a travel machine. There are airlines (Emirates for example) that will not let you connect your XPAP to their inflight power supply therefore making the mini a waste of space. Respironics wins hands down here.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-23-2017, 07:06 AM)C0mbe Wrote: For the most part you are correct.  Just to add:
    1.  GO is 3/4 the size of a Dreamstation with humidifier when battery is attached, BUT there is still no external power supply and you have a battery.
  1. AirMini has an external power supply but it's pretty small.  I don't think it's an issue.  Power supply and plug are one small piece.  
  2. GO has no humidification options, AirMini uses humidex.
  3. AirMini is very loud where the humidex connects to the mask.  GO is much quieter.
  4. You get Resmeds autoset algorithm with the AirMini.  
If it wasn't so loud, I would go AirMini because I think Resmed has a better algorithm, and the size is awesome.  Either way, I'll be waiting for a bilevel/ASV version.

I actually own both a ResMed S9 (but not the Mini) and a Go. I like the Go algorithm better. Reasonable minds (and bodies) can differ.
I find the rectangular shape of the Go and the absence of an awkward brick make it really easy to safely pack, much easier than the S9.
I understand that the Go is about to get a humidification solution. Finally, the Go's data display is so much better than the ResMed.
Post Reply Post Reply
I too am looking at a travel machine. One big difference for a small number of users is that ResMed does not support patients who need supplemental oxygen at night and the Dreamstation Go claims it is compatible with third party adapters (little plastic parts that fit between the hose and the device.

Both can use HME humidification although ResMed's approach is to make accommodate them with design and Respironics claims you can use them but they will not guarantee effectiveness.

The ratings of the sound favor the ResMed. A shout out to the reporter who noticed that the ResMed was louder.

Keep the information coming. I have to take the plunge by April.

Harlan
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Air Mini issues Bous 0 47 Yesterday, 08:14 AM
Last Post: Bous
  DreamStation 2 vs ResMed S9 gonzalo 3 69 03-25-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: StratCat48
  Any experiences with BMC M1 Mini travel Auto CP?AP DrJelly 4 670 03-15-2024, 01:18 PM
Last Post: DrJelly
  Humidification Issue With Air Mini ICS55 15 5,266 02-08-2024, 10:16 AM
Last Post: pwnorris
Question BMC Mini M1 - Pressure Settings? SwissTruffle 0 324 12-25-2023, 10:42 AM
Last Post: SwissTruffle
  New to Air Mini-I need advice! tj1616 0 377 10-18-2023, 11:48 AM
Last Post: tj1616
  Resmed Air Mini and Freedom Battery Compatability Kags1969 1 671 08-02-2023, 02:37 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.