Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] ResMed P10 Hose Pulling on Mask
ResMed P10 Hose Pulling on Mask
I've recently just switched to the ResMed P10 mask and I'm very much liking it so far. The only thing I can't quite get right is how to position/route the hose so that it doesn't pull on the mask. Due to the weight of the ClimateLine hose it often slides of the side of the bed which pulls on the mask and creates a massive leak.

I was considering loosely wrapping a zip tie round the tubing and then attaching a safety pin to both the zip tie and my pyjamas so that the hose will stay in place and I can still move around in my sleep without the hose tugging on the mask. I know a hose lift is also another option but I've not invested in one yet.

How does everyone else tackle this issue?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed P10 Hose Pulling on Mask
Use one of the many hose hangers available. The hanger will support the hose over your head. Several members are also using the 3M wall hooks to help support the hose.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
3M Command Hook with a very small bungee cord works well for me.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi, shenstone

Sleeprider posted a photo of his setup -- comment #107 in this thread:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid460762

You can't quite see what kind of hook he's using, but it seems to be attached to his headboard.

Here's another interesting thread:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...ose+hanger

Please let us know if you come up with a new variation that works!
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for those links and ideas! 

I thought as I don't really have anything lying around to fix the problem I'd end up just getting a proper hose lift made by Arden Innovations (the v5.5 model). I got one on sale from Supplier #23 for about £15 so I will report back when it's arrived and I've tried it out a few nights.
Post Reply Post Reply
I simply used a spring clamp I had in my garage and an old belt.
Not the prettiest but it works.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Hose volume Willw 4 236 02-26-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Willw
  Using DreamWisp Nasal Mask With ResMed AirSense 11 Avign0n323 2 342 01-31-2024, 01:17 PM
Last Post: Avign0n323
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 232 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111
  Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask Leak Question fuzz 2 488 01-25-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: fuzz
  [CPAP] Still can't keep mask on after switching to ResMed Kevstuf 7 508 01-03-2024, 11:15 PM
Last Post: Kevstuf
  How often to replace mask, hose, etc. bigla6940 6 582 12-30-2023, 07:00 AM
Last Post: bigla6940
  Do I have to "clean" my heated CPAP hose? Labromaniac 13 1,289 12-28-2023, 04:23 PM
Last Post: Palmtrees

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.