Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] ResMed Quiet Air Diffuser Vent F30
RE: ResMed Quiet Air Diffuser Vent F30
(05-26-2020, 08:34 PM)dbotas Wrote: Instead of my CO2 exhale going out the pinholes as intended because of the pinhole and right angle and fabric packing extremely restricted passage, the CO2 rich exhale is just taking the path of lesser resistance and mostly being inhaled back up the elbow into my lungs along with the fresh air that’s being pumped by the CPAP unit.

I can't tell if you're talking about a modification that you made, or if you're talking about the unmodified product furnished by the manufacturer. If the latter, then you are safe.

The purpose of exhalation port is to keep the tubing purged of exhaled air thereby insuring that there is always a fresh supply of air being delivered to the mask from the tubing. The amount of exhaled air that remains in the mask to get inhaled again is negligible.
Sleepster
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
I just realized that I haven't updated my posts. I received my F30 mask assembly several months ago. It's now my go-to mask. I use it most of the time, but occasionally switch to my F20 AirFit just for a change. 

That usually only lasts a night or two.............. Eat-popcorn
Post Reply Post Reply
I’ve come to the conclusion that I would rather have better airflow, and less rebreathing of my CO2, then “quiet”. Removed all the packing from the elbow and seem to be sleeping better with the less resistance of the packing in the elbow.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Idea Tell me how you've Modified your P10 to make it VENT more Hydrangea 14 333 09-16-2020, 02:24 PM
Last Post: Hydrangea
  Continous air out of vent nasal mask Nad402 24 524 09-09-2020, 02:33 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Brevida mask diffuser question yankees123 7 258 07-24-2020, 03:56 AM
Last Post: Sheepish
  Dreamwear mask air vent idea Ulfius 4 330 06-20-2020, 10:03 AM
Last Post: optimalsleep
  Anyone's F20 Quiet Air Elbow Not Diffusing/Venting ANY Air? Hydrangea 30 2,291 05-21-2020, 07:12 PM
Last Post: langod
  Mask Vent Rate and Mask Leaks jelive 3 382 05-16-2020, 02:22 PM
Last Post: MitchS
  ResMed Quiet Elbow Big Guy 2 284 05-10-2020, 10:44 PM
Last Post: Big Guy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.