Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] ResMed Quiet Air Diffuser Vent F30
ResMed Quiet Air Diffuser Vent F30
I have been a c-pap user for over ten years and recently purchased the full face Resmed F30 with Quiet Air Diffuser vent.  It is super comfortable to wear, but seems to have a serious problem which no one has been  able to address.  My provider has never had another  customer purchase this mask and I called Resmed Customer Service but they said they weren't aware of any issues. 
The quiet vent elbow does not have enough airflow to remove the appropriate amount of carbon dioxide.  In five nights of using it I have woken up EVERY morning with a headache and I recognise the type of headache as the very same type I get if I don't have my mask on.
I  do understand that the two little side flaps are designed stay shut when the machine  is in use and are there to prevent hypoxia in the event of a shut down.  I have read about the quiet vent and see and that there are teensy tiny openings around the elbow to release air in a more gentle way but it is not nearly enough.  I can feel the tiniest bit of air escape (such as what you would feel from a couple pinprick size openings )when I inhale but none whatsoever when I exhale.
I don't know if there is a flaw in the design or maybe the particular elbow I have has a manufacturing flaw.  Has anyone else had this issue?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed Quiet Air Diffuser Vent F30
I have been using the ResMed Airfit F30 for almost a month now and I really like it . I have not experienced any problem with it . Prior to the Airfit F30 I was using the Amara View which I also like but I thought I would give the F30 a try .
For me the Airfit F30 is very much like the Amara View .
I think the F30 is a very good mask just like the Amara View is . I like them both and have no problem with either .
Post Reply Post Reply
I have the same vent on my F20 and have never had a problem. You might have a bad one though. Make sure there's no water or dirt blocking the holes. You can do this by looking at it from the bottom side and use a sewing needle to probe the holes.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
I'm thinking about springing for an AirFit F30 mask in the somewhat near future.  Too-happy-2
Post Reply Post Reply
I have both the F20 and the F30 and use the same elbow/vent. No issues for me either.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've had the Quiet Air elbow for my F20 going on 3-4 months now. Mine has performed good. You may need a replacement for yours. Contact your DME or whomever your supplier would be to discuss this issue. Best to ya in getting this resolved.

Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Nadprok.  I had an Amaraview as weluntil it ripped and find the F30 even more comfortable. I agree they are both great masks so long as i can sort out this one issue.
Post Reply Post Reply
It is very comfortable Big Guy
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Riley.  It seems there are two types of vents. Which one are you referring to? Mine is the one without the holes

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Here is the other one with holes

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What is optimal respiration rate, minute vent, tidal volume, etc? ATeam91 4 465 01-23-2024, 04:19 PM
Last Post: ATeam91
Gross EVIDENCE OF AIRFIT P10 VENT OBSTRUCTION CAUSING HYPERCAPNIA mdmarmd 137 34,771 01-17-2024, 05:37 PM
Last Post: WakeUpTime
Idea Tell me how you've Modified your P10 to make it VENT more Hydrangea 47 6,412 01-13-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: her.suit
  Sick and need to vent cps22 8 550 01-05-2024, 01:34 PM
Last Post: cps22
  Minute Vent, Tidal Volume, etc. MrIvanDrago 5 699 11-20-2023, 11:49 AM
Last Post: Jay51
Sad [Treatment] Weird Flow Rate/Minute Vent OK Laptop 0 402 10-28-2023, 12:40 AM
Last Post: OK Laptop
  Anyone's F20 Quiet Air Elbow Not Diffusing/Venting ANY Air? Hydrangea 32 12,500 07-26-2023, 09:27 AM
Last Post: snorin2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.