Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] ResMed Quiet Air Diffuser Vent F30
RE: ResMed Quiet Air Diffuser Vent F30
(06-16-2019, 02:38 PM)Freddavey Wrote: Unless i'm missing something, I don't understand why they would design the elbow with that material covering the vent holes and have it inaccessible to clean or change. I imagine it would clog eventually.

The elbow is another part that the manufacturer suggests you replace periodically.  Perhaps their expectation is that you will replace it before it gets clogged.  Then again, perhaps it just didn’t come up as an issue during their testing ??‍♂️
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-16-2019, 02:55 PM)WhyMe Wrote:
(06-16-2019, 02:38 PM)Freddavey Wrote: Unless i'm missing something, I don't understand why they would design the elbow with that material covering the vent holes and have it inaccessible to clean or change. I imagine it would clog eventually.

The elbow is another part that the manufacturer suggests you replace periodically.  Perhaps their expectation is that you will replace it before it gets clogged.  Then again, perhaps it just didn’t come up as an issue during their testing ??‍♂️

Hi! Thanks for your reply,

I agree about changing equipment periodically, but the picture I posted with all the black spots is only after 32 days of using the elbow, so can't imagine going three months until changing it out for a new one, all the while possibly breathing in whatever the black stuff is for another two months. If not by accident, I would have never known that it was even there under the plastic ring cover. Perhaps they've already changed the design of the quietair elbows, mine was the one that came in the box last month when I first started using cpap. This is all new to me, so I really appreciate all the information here.
Post Reply Post Reply
This post got me thinking about how long I was using these for so had a close look at the two I keep with me on my 'away' pack - one looked quite black and the other clean soo I prized off the 'whisper cover' off the dirty one.

As you can see the packing material was pretty black and I couldn't find a way of re attaching the cover so will put this one down to experience - reckon I should have thrown it away by this point would be Resmed's thinking ?

Thoughts ?

Rob

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
I called my supplier and was told there was no such mesh or material under the cap, and he was looking at the pictures on resmed's web page. I tried to explain that there is in fact something under there because I'm looking at it, be he was adamant that it did not exist.
I then called Resmed directly and the very nice woman told me the same thing and that she had a brand new mask in her hand and could see nothing under the cap and that yes it would be silly and a poor design to have that there and be unable to clean or change the material.      
Oh-jeez
So I haven given up trying to get any further info on it, but I am quite sure they know about it, as I have seen a few other people post pictures and ask about this, but to no avail as of yet.
Post Reply Post Reply
There is most certainly a white mesh type of material under that translucent cover.

It's ridiculous for them to not know this info.

By the way, the mesh is the reason I don't wash the elbow. I can't imagine it being able to get dry.
Post Reply Post Reply
Rob - I haven't popped mine off because I was afraid to break it. Is yours now broken? Or is it easy enough to re-assemble?
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-19-2019, 04:07 PM)Freddavey Wrote: I called my supplier and was told there was no such mesh or material under the cap, and he was looking at the pictures on resmed's web page. I tried to explain that there is in fact something under there because I'm looking at it, be he was adamant that it did not exist.
I then called Resmed directly and the very nice woman told me the same thing and that she had a brand new mask in her hand and could see nothing under the cap and that yes it would be silly and a poor design to have that there and be unable to clean or change the material.      
Oh-jeez
So I haven given up trying to get any further info on it, but I am quite sure they know about it, as I have seen a few other people post pictures and ask about this, but to no avail as of yet.

I suspect she wasn't examining it under a bright light and with magnification. I just got one last week and at first glance I can't tell but with bright light and a magnifying glass its obvious. I can even see strands projecting slightly from the outer vents.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(08-19-2019, 02:57 PM)Technopauper Wrote: This post got me thinking about how long I was using these for so had a close look at the two I keep with me on my 'away' pack - one looked quite black and the other clean soo I prized off the 'whisper cover' off the dirty one.

As you can see the packing material was pretty black and I couldn't find a way of re attaching the cover so will put this one down to experience - reckon I should have thrown it away by this point would be Resmed's thinking ?

Thoughts ?

Rob

Looks like a booger. Too-funny

Actually that’s possibly something growing in there. I’d pry the cover off my QuietAir elbow but I missed where the catches are. How’d you open yours? I can try again soon, don’t even mind sacrificing it if I accidentally break it. I’m using my new N30i for now anyway.

Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-19-2019, 04:30 PM)Hydrangea Wrote: Rob - I haven't popped mine off because I was afraid to break it.  Is yours now broken?  Or is it easy enough to re-assemble?

Its broken as far as I can see, really can't see how it was held on in the first place. In answer to someone else's question I pried it off with dime, can't see where it was clipped on in the first place.

Im calling Resmed tomorrow !

Be interested to see how this pans out - sounds like there was an early design with gauze in it that they don't seem to recognize - will report back

Rob
Post Reply Post Reply
It's not just an early design. I just got one last week and it clearly is packed with fibrous white material.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What is optimal respiration rate, minute vent, tidal volume, etc? ATeam91 4 468 01-23-2024, 04:19 PM
Last Post: ATeam91
Gross EVIDENCE OF AIRFIT P10 VENT OBSTRUCTION CAUSING HYPERCAPNIA mdmarmd 137 34,802 01-17-2024, 05:37 PM
Last Post: WakeUpTime
Idea Tell me how you've Modified your P10 to make it VENT more Hydrangea 47 6,422 01-13-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: her.suit
  Sick and need to vent cps22 8 550 01-05-2024, 01:34 PM
Last Post: cps22
  Minute Vent, Tidal Volume, etc. MrIvanDrago 5 703 11-20-2023, 11:49 AM
Last Post: Jay51
Sad [Treatment] Weird Flow Rate/Minute Vent OK Laptop 0 403 10-28-2023, 12:40 AM
Last Post: OK Laptop
  Anyone's F20 Quiet Air Elbow Not Diffusing/Venting ANY Air? Hydrangea 32 12,513 07-26-2023, 09:27 AM
Last Post: snorin2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.