Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] ResMed Quiet Air Diffuser Vent F30
RE: ResMed Quiet Air Diffuser Vent F30
I'm pretty much in the same boat as Big Guy, with the exception of filter change intervals. Shockingly I change mine every other
month-ish. Anyway, back to the QuietAir elbow and filter, no blackened areas on either.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm not surprised you guys haven't seen discolored filters. Since you use the ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset, those filters are not very fine.

DreamStation, on the other hand, has a very fine filter that snaps onto the not fine filter. I see discoloration within weeks, if not sooner.

This leads me to wonder if DreamStation users might not get those black spots on their QuietAir diffusers.
Post Reply Post Reply
The filters on the Resmed machine may not be as fine as those on the dreamstation but they should still catch much of the dirt seen in the diffuser packing. And even if that's incorrect, why are Resmed users not seeing any discoloration?
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
I wasn't sure about the discoloration in the QuietAir Diffusers.......until I did a side-by-side comparison of the one I'm currently using, to the two new ones I have.

All three appear to be identical.  Dont-know
Post Reply Post Reply
I use a Resmed autoset 10 and my filters are changed every two weeks whether they are dirty or not. I found black spots again on for a second time on the packing under the cap of the quietair elbow for my f20 mask. I don't remove the plastic cap, and this time just pulled it out with a sewing needle. I really think these elbow filters or diffuser need to be replaceable.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
That's so gross. What an oversight, on the part of the developers of this mask!

One of my quiet elbows isn't diffusing properly anymore, so I'll pull it apart and see what the mesh looks like in mine. From the outside, both of mine look fine.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm very interested.
I'm claustrophobic; I use a ResMed N20 and I mouthbreath.
I *think* that the F30 might be the answer.
I shall keep watching the post....

Thanks,
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
I am having the same problem.  Waking up with headaches and my blood pressure has increased.  A lot of dizziness.  My wife commented last night that the air isn't blowing in her face anymore like my old mask.  Then she asked where was the air going?  When I looked at the valves in the mask, I realized that I was mostly inhaling my own exhaled air.  Have you resolved your issues?  If so, what was the solution?
Post Reply Post Reply
I feel like this is the issue I have with my F20, not the f30. The f30 has the holes in the ring, my f20 has the rubbery cap on the elbow, is completely silent... and I’m for sure breathing my own exhaled air.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sounds like your f30 came with the old design elbow.  The f20 and the f30 are now both packaged with the quiet elbow.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What is optimal respiration rate, minute vent, tidal volume, etc? ATeam91 4 463 01-23-2024, 04:19 PM
Last Post: ATeam91
Gross EVIDENCE OF AIRFIT P10 VENT OBSTRUCTION CAUSING HYPERCAPNIA mdmarmd 137 34,764 01-17-2024, 05:37 PM
Last Post: WakeUpTime
Idea Tell me how you've Modified your P10 to make it VENT more Hydrangea 47 6,411 01-13-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: her.suit
  Sick and need to vent cps22 8 549 01-05-2024, 01:34 PM
Last Post: cps22
  Minute Vent, Tidal Volume, etc. MrIvanDrago 5 698 11-20-2023, 11:49 AM
Last Post: Jay51
Sad [Treatment] Weird Flow Rate/Minute Vent OK Laptop 0 401 10-28-2023, 12:40 AM
Last Post: OK Laptop
  Anyone's F20 Quiet Air Elbow Not Diffusing/Venting ANY Air? Hydrangea 32 12,489 07-26-2023, 09:27 AM
Last Post: snorin2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.