Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] ResMed Quiet Air Diffuser Vent F30
RE: ResMed Quiet Air Diffuser Vent F30
(11-28-2019, 12:58 PM)yankees123 Wrote: Sarcastic Dave where did you read about them making a new elbow design?  Does anyone know if Resmed is aware of this problem?  For now I think I will use the old design elbow.  
Another thought, the people who see the “mold” did they wash the elbow frequently before they saw this?  For people who are going to continue using the quiet elbow are you going to wash them?

I think Dave was making a joke when he said that.

I don't wash the quiet elbow, simply because I don't see how it would be possible to get it dry.

I've also stopped using the quiet elbow because it eventually stopped venting the air, and I was rebreathing, & getting horrid headaches and nightmares
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes hydrangea I agree but don’t think it should be a problem washing the old design.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-28-2019, 12:58 PM)yankees123 Wrote: Sarcastic Dave where did you read about them making a new elbow design?  Does anyone know if Resmed is aware of this problem?  For now I think I will use the old design elbow.  
Another thought, the people who see the “mold” did they wash the elbow frequently before they saw this?  For people who are going to continue using the quiet elbow are you going to wash them?

Actually, it's the sarcastic slanted commentary against potential elbow flaws, that's all. Sorry if you were misled.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
That’s okay sarcastic Dave,always enjoy your humor and coffee references!
Post Reply Post Reply
Real and anti-sarcasm comment: I still use my QuietAir elbow which I've never washed. No discolored whatever that is.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-28-2019, 01:10 PM)yankees123 Wrote: Yes hydrangea I agree but don’t think it should be a problem washing the old design.

I totally agree.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've been washing my quiet elbows from the get-go. They get submerged and swished around in hot water and Dawn dish soap. They end up soaking for at least 30-45 min. 

After rinsing in hot water, they air dry for several hours, if not most of the day.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-28-2019, 01:19 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: Real and anti-sarcasm comment: I still use my QuietAir elbow which I've never washed. No discolored whatever that is.

Yours didn't have the black dots / spots when new?  Thinking-about
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-28-2019, 01:39 PM)Big Guy Wrote:
(11-28-2019, 01:19 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: Real and anti-sarcasm comment: I still use my QuietAir elbow which I've never washed. No discolored whatever that is.

No discolored spots noticed at any time.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-28-2019, 02:13 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote:
(11-28-2019, 01:39 PM)Big Guy Wrote:

No discolored spots noticed at any time.

This whole black spot / black dot conspiracy is beginning to intrigue me some. I'm kind of wondering if the Russians and Albania have anything to do with it? 

You all know that Jeffrey Epstein didn't actually commit suicide, right? I'm convinced that Prince Andrew had nothing to do with it. The suicide I mean. He's guilty as a Leap Year is long, in regards to his young girlfriends though.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What is optimal respiration rate, minute vent, tidal volume, etc? ATeam91 4 465 01-23-2024, 04:19 PM
Last Post: ATeam91
Gross EVIDENCE OF AIRFIT P10 VENT OBSTRUCTION CAUSING HYPERCAPNIA mdmarmd 137 34,787 01-17-2024, 05:37 PM
Last Post: WakeUpTime
Idea Tell me how you've Modified your P10 to make it VENT more Hydrangea 47 6,413 01-13-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: her.suit
  Sick and need to vent cps22 8 550 01-05-2024, 01:34 PM
Last Post: cps22
  Minute Vent, Tidal Volume, etc. MrIvanDrago 5 702 11-20-2023, 11:49 AM
Last Post: Jay51
Sad [Treatment] Weird Flow Rate/Minute Vent OK Laptop 0 402 10-28-2023, 12:40 AM
Last Post: OK Laptop
  Anyone's F20 Quiet Air Elbow Not Diffusing/Venting ANY Air? Hydrangea 32 12,501 07-26-2023, 09:27 AM
Last Post: snorin2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.