Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] ResMed S8 Autoset automatic on/off?
RE: ResMed S8 Autoset automatic on/off?
(11-08-2014, 01:52 PM)vsheline Wrote:
(11-08-2014, 11:27 AM)Dolphin Jockey Wrote: To follow-up, I was able to get into the clinician menu and found the setting for SmartStart. That's the good news. The bad news is that it was shown as being OFF and there was NO option to change that setting. Makes me wonder if there is another related setting which, at the moment, disables an option to change the SmartStart setting. It's a puzzlement.

Hi Dolphin Jockey, welcome to the forum!

There is a setting for Mask Type, which for most accurate therapy I think needs to be set correctly.

My recollection is that on the S8 series machines, SmartStart only worked when the machine is set to certain types of masks. For example, perhaps it worked on Full Face mask type but not on nasal pillows mask type. The details should be mentioned somewhere in the Clinician setup manual.

Thanks for the welcome. It's truly appreciated. Thanks also for your comment regarding the S8 mask selection. I've been using a full-face mask (a Mirage Quattro) for several years, and a nasal mask before that. Can't remember what mask I was on when I received the S8 7.5 years ago and it has not been serviced by a clinician since then. I certainly will look at that parameter.

Best regards,
Dolphin Jockey
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-08-2014, 01:52 PM)vsheline Wrote:
(11-08-2014, 11:27 AM)Dolphin Jockey Wrote: To follow-up, I was able to get into the clinician menu and found the setting for SmartStart. That's the good news. The bad news is that it was shown as being OFF and there was NO option to change that setting. Makes me wonder if there is another related setting which, at the moment, disables an option to change the SmartStart setting. It's a puzzlement.

Hi Dolphin Jockey, welcome to the forum!

There is a setting for Mask Type, which for most accurate therapy I think needs to be set correctly.

My recollection is that on the S8 series machines, SmartStart only worked when the machine is set to certain types of masks. For example, perhaps it worked on Full Face mask type but not on nasal pillows mask type. The details should be mentioned somewhere in the Clinician setup manual.

To follow-up, I fired up my S8 and check the mask setting. It stated "MIR FULL." I assume (I hate that word) that's 'shorthand' for Mirage (series) full face mask.

I want a step further by connecting my mask to the S8 and turning it one as though going to sleep. I then went into the clinician setting for SmartStart and there still was no option to change it from OFF to ON. It's a puzzlement.

Best regards,
Dolphin Jockey
Post Reply Post Reply
The SmartStart does not work with full face masks on the S8, also on the older S9 machines too

Later S9, you can enable SmartStart with full face masks
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-08-2014, 04:50 PM)zonk Wrote: The SmartStart does not work with full face masks on the S8, also on the older S9 machines too

Later S9, you can enable SmartStart with full face masks

Thanks for the info. That correlates with what I've found out so far. It's interesting that the S8 firmware has a setting for SmartStart but no option to turn it ON or OFF.

My S9 was received a couple of days ago and I have SmartStart enabled on it, with a full face mask.

Best regards,
Dolphin Jockey
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Every One, it happened to me, I have the same problem, the function keyes of my Resmed S8 AutoSet Spirit II dont work anymore. 

SOLUTION:
Disable LEAK DETECTION and the function AutoStart will enable.
Regards.
Otto Brito, Brasilia, Brazil.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 27 506 11 minutes ago
Last Post: Old Steve
  [Pressure] Switching to automatic raised AHI numbers Leitrim 4 122 03-26-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Leitrim
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 125 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  ResMed S9 AutoSet and OSCAR - Help Appreciated Slippy 12 488 03-16-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: Slippy
  ResMed Airsense 10 AutoSet and Oscar Bucktilley 4 218 03-05-2024, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Bucktilley
Grin [Equipment] JOY! I've been swapped to a ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet (from a SEFAM S.Box) dbcpap 9 1,243 02-12-2024, 08:41 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question Resmed Autoset 10 buzzing noise - what now? mogulman 8 596 01-16-2024, 11:42 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.